Sunday, August 4, 2024

We're Not Old - We're Mid Century Modern

 Today I have a masculine card to share  -  it's always hard to pick a masculine subject/design and it was equally hard to photo this black background card!    

I ended up going into the back yard and setting the card on the arm of our Adirondack chair with the outside wall of the garage in the background - well that actually adds to the masculinity right??!!


I gold embossed the stamps from the Mid Mod City set by Claire Brennan Designs onto black card.  I embossed the We're Not Old sentiment on a scrap of black, fussy cut it and added it to the top left corner with foam dots.  I added Tim Holtz Droplets/Halloween to the top of the three tower buildings.

I like that it says "We're Not Old" and "We're Mid Century Modern"  since I can include myself in that sentiment on any card I send now (!)
 
Inside I stamped: 
Happy Birthday
Hope your Day is Fabulous

I'm linking my card to:

Metals - colors. hardware  ends 8/5


Season's Delight - a trip to the city  ends 8/9

Krafty Chicks  ends 8/7

ends 8/6

first time using this stamp set





Stamps:  Mid Mod City Stamp Set - Claire Brennan Designs
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  True Black - Papertrey Ink
Accessories:  Gold Embossing Powder - Ranger, heat tool, powder pillow, Droplets - Halloween, Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, foam dots.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

This made me smile!! Such a great card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

Loll said...

LOVE the sentiment, Julia! The design is wonderful with the black and gold colours. Great masculine card! xx

Liz said...

Great masculine card. Super stamp and I love the black with the gold. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Cool bday card for a guy, Julia - love the cityscape!!

Bonnie said...

You find the best stamps, Julia! This is fantastic and I LOVE that sentiment! The gold on black is stunning!

Christine Alexander said...

great masculine card especially with that sentiment :)

Dotty Jo said...

What a stunning card - I love black and gold, Jo x

Linby said...

I bought this set the other day after you mentioned Claire was back in business. I love how you used the gold on black. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts

Kate said...

I love this card Julia - so striking! How did I miss that Claire was back in business - how utterly wonderful!

Francesca said...

Beautiful masculine card, love black and gold! Thanks for playing at Addicted to Stamps and more