Monday, August 19, 2024

Snowing Down on the Snowman

 I got this idea from a card over at Splitcoast stampers by Ubetcha.   The snowman is mounted on a clear acetate card.  I used a different hat and face, than Ubetcha , as well as different twig arms and different size circles.

I put the same size circle as the base of the snowman, on the inside,  where I stamped my sentiment and there is a little room to write a note to the receiver -  you could add another circle on the back of the card or on the inside over the back of the snowman.  I used glue dots to adhere the circles to the acetate.

I'm linking my card to:

Anything Goes Christmas  ends 8/25

inspired by the snow!  ends 8/27


Stamps: Go to Gift Card Holder:Snowman Accessories - PTI, Alpine Christmas - Waltzingmouse (retired).
Paper: Hammered White - Amazon, Clear Acetate, True Black, Pine Feather, Pure Poppy - PTI
Ink: Nocturne - Versafine Clair, Misty Morning - Altenew, Orange Zest - PTI
Accessories: Circle Nestabilities, Woodland Branch die - Memory Box, Winter Wardrobe dies - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Glue Dots, Foam Dots. finger sponge, red enamel dot - Altenew

7 comments:

Susan said...

Such an unusual card, Julia - so clever on the acetate!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling snowman on acetate, Julia! Bet he'd be cute as a shaped card too - love the hat and twig arms you gave him!!

HilaryJane said...

What a great idea. Your snowman looks like he is frozen in a block of ice. I love it xx

Bonnie said...

This is a fantastic snowman, Julia! I love this aerial view!

Loll said...

This is a great card Julia. I love it on the acetate ... very unique and creative. Your snowman is so sweet ... made me smile. :) xx

Susan said...

Meant to add in my comment above - thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

Christine Alexander said...

what a fun card, such a clever way of mounting your snowman. I love it :)