Saturday, August 3, 2024

Shell-ebrate on the Beach

 Today I've made a beachy birthday card that fits a few challenges out there.

The background and base arch die cuts are cut using Make a Wish Arch Labels from Spell Binders,  The layered ovals were die cut using oval Nestabilities and it's up on foam dots.  

The background arch is stenciled in pink and brown using Semi Circles Mid Century Modern stencil from Claire Brennan Design.  

The flamingo, sand pile and shell are rub-ons from the Summer Vacation Collection by Taperlogy.  

I lightly sponged over the oval with the same pink and brown inks as the stenciling.  The stamps are from Salt Air: Sentiments from PTI (retired)

Here's the inside

Linking to:

ends 8/14
First time using the Summer rub-ons

Tic Tac Toe ends 8/6
I used the right vertical line - Stencil, Dots/Circles, sentiment without the word 'birthday'


Season Delights -  beach   ends 8/9




Stamps: Salt Air: Sentiments - PTI (retired)
Ink: Rose Quartz, Sand Dune - Altenew, Portobella - Versafine Clair
Paper: White, Sweet Blush - PTI, Hammered White - Amazon.
Accessories: Semi Circles Mid Century Modern Stencil - Claire Brennan Design, Classic Oval dies - Nestabilities, Make A Wish Arch Label Dies - Spellbinders, Summer Vacation Collection Rub Ons - Taperlogy, blending brushes, foam dots, enamel dots - Altenew.

15 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like your shaped card and that you used a rosy pink and kraft for those colors! Fabulous card, Julia!

Gail L said...

Hi Julia!
Great shaped card, and I love the sentiments!
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts!

Stef Perry said...

Julia, what a sweet card you've made! Love that flamingo and the punny sentiments plus the geometric stencil in the background. The arched shape of the card gives it a bit of pizzazz too (I always forget to do that!). Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Bonnie said...

What a great way to fit all these challenges, Julia! Love this flamingo and the crimped edges are amazing!

Karen said...

What a great design! I love those arches with the blanket-stitched edges with the wonderful geometric stencil! The flamingo is a great image and the punny sentiment is so much fun. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful background and I love the rub on's ♥

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful stenciling behind that awesome flamingo image, Julia!!

Barbara said...

Wow! Fist I love the way that you used brown and pink. Not easy to do without making it look muddy. There is so much detail and design too. I am pinning this one for inspiration. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Marcia Hill said...

Sweet, SWEET card Julia! I love the shape, the geometric stenciling in the background, and of course rub ons too!! Thanks so much for sharing this FUN card with us at The Color Hues Challenge!! Hugs. :0)

Glenda J said...

Such a great card Julia! Love the shape, the great stencilling and the perfectly placed enamel dots. Thanks for playing along with my tic tac toe board at Seize the Birthday.

Brenda in IN said...

Love the flamingo and that arched card. Great fun card.

Cindy Beach said...

Such a beautiful use of our colors, Julia! The flamingo is fabulous and I love that stenciled background. We're glad you could join us at Color Hues!

Maria said...

I saw your card over at the NBUS Challenge! It is so lovely inside and out! Love the arch die and the pretty stencil background! Beautiful image, too!

Nancy said...

Such a pretty card, Julia. Love the arch layout and your creativity with the background. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues and Seize the Birthday! Sorry I am a bit late popping by, Tropical storm Debby had me doing other things.

Tracey McNeely said...

This is stunning Julia, I LOVE your rub on flamingo. I how nice it is to see rub on again, I still have so many in my stash from years ago! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!