Friday, June 2, 2023

May Card Chain Challenge Reveal Post

 Today's the day of the May Card Chain Challenge reveal.   I sent my card to Tina in Slovenia and I received a card from Brenda in the UK!

For my card, I used the suggested Sketch, Colors (Navy, Turquoise, Gold) and Theme of Friendship.


I just love using flip flops on a summer card!  These are cute 3D stickers from Jolee.  I die cut the heart out of DP as well as white card and glued the pieces together and layered them over the DP with foam dots.

If you'd like to join in for the June card exchange - you have until June 6th to sign up - all the details are on the Card Chain Challenge blog!

I'm also linking my card to:


Inspired by Nature

I was inspired by the ocean colors on the drawers

Anything Goes


First time using the die cut heart.



Stamps:  Flipping Out - PTI (retired)
Paper:  White - PTI, DP Beach Vibes - Honey Bee Stamps.
Ink:  Nocturne - Versafine Clair
Accessories:  Heart Rays Die - MFT, foam dots, gold and navy sequins, Flip Flop Stickers - Jolee

20 comments:

papierelle said...

I like your implementation of the sketch, a very nice idea!!

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for being a link in our chain again, and I just love your card- especially the cute flip fops, Jo x

ScrappyHorses said...

How fun is this card! So full of summer fun and nature with the lovely beach and water! Love the flip flops!! Thanks for sharing this summertime nature with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a great idea to put the sketch lines into the heart, Julia - love your scene & the flip flop stickers add the perfect touch!!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and great take on the sketch,love the heart and flip flops
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

What a fabulous summer beach scene and your heart looks stunning. I love it xx

Loll said...

So creative and fun Julia! LOVE that gorgeous split heart! xx

Angelnorth said...

Really stylish card Julia, love your take on the sketch with the pieced heart and those little flip flop stickers are great fun!

Lisa Elton said...

This is wonderful, Julia! Love the cute little flip flops!

Gail said...

Your card is beautiful!
I love the flip flops!

Christine Alexander said...

fantastic card, I love those little flip flops and the beautiful sand ♥

Bonnie said...

I love this heart, Julia! The colors and cuts are so pretty and I'm wishing I had some flip flops as cute as these! A perfect card for summer!

Arlene said...

What a perfect card for the summer, including the flipflops! Love it.

Viv said...

Love this Julia! x

Imke said...

WOW, Julia this is amazing ! Love how you interpreted the Sketch and created the scene. Great card for the Card Chain Challenge. I am happy being part of it.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

~amy~ said...

Julia, this is gorgeous! Love all your details.
Thanks for joining us at the Inspired by Challenge!

Marlena M. said...

Super cool card Julia! Love the graphic look~

Pia S said...

What a cool look, great use of strips and colored stripes to recreate the sketch, it works so well.

Darnell said...

What a cool summer beach card, sis! That heart with the wavy sea and sand background is simply genius and who doesn't heart time at the beach?! I love the wee flip flops, too! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Maria said...

Love your fabulous summer card! The heart is so beautiful! It makes me all the more anxious to take our beach vacation in August! Awesome card, well done!!