Saturday, June 17, 2023

Inkspirational #292 - Designer's Choice - Emboss your Background

I am the hostess of the Inkspirational #292 Challenge
and I am asking everyone to Emboss Your Background!
either using embossing powder (wet embossing) or using an embossing folder (dry embossing!)

I used wet embossing, inking my stamp with Versamark Ink, stamping the image on the card panel,  covering the panel with black embossing powder, shaking off the extra powder and then heating with my heat tool!

I used the same beautiful floral cover stamp on my three card samples, Daisy Days, from Unity. 

Love, love, love this stamp!

For my first card - I embossed the image on a white panel using black embossing powder.  Then I sponged over the blooms with Ranger Distress Inks in Mustard Seed and Carved Pumpkin.  I added gold to the flower centers and gold splatter over the panel using a gold Paint Marker.  I also splattered with a black POSCA Pen.  I trimmed down the panel and layered it over a black panel die cut with Nested Rectangle with Square Holes die from Rubbernecker.

I used the same technique as above for this second card but I didn't add any color to the petals,
just the gold and black splatter.

For my third card, I embossed the image with white embossing powder over a black card panel.  I added orange, green and pink splatters with POSCA pens and used a Raspberry Fizz card panel for the framing.


Please join us and link up your embossed cards!  You'll find the challenge and lots of inspiration from the rest of the Design Team at Inkspirational
You have until June 30th to link up your card!


I'm linking the black and white birthday card to:
My sentiment is on a strip but not really a banner shape so it's anything goes!


Linking the Sympathy card to:

favorite flower - daisy!





Stamps: Daisy Days - Unity, Sentiment Suite: Birthday - The Greetery, sympathy - Beyond Basic Borders - Papertrey Ink (retired)
Paper: White, True Black, Raspberry Fizz - Papertrey Ink.
Ink: Versamark, Ranger Distress Mustard Seed and Carved Pumpkin, Nocturne - Versafine Clair.
Accessories: White and Black Embossing powders, heat tool, Nested Rectangle with Square Holes die - Rubbernecker, gold Paint Marker - Top Notch, black, pink, green and orange POSCA pens, enamel dots - Altenew, foam dots.

12 comments:

Loll said...

WOW! You have done amazing work with this fabulous image, Julia! I love all three of your creations ... each one uniquely beautiful. Great work!! xx

HilaryJane said...

Wow, these cards are simply amazing, what a great effect and how clever you are to make them all look so different. Brilliant, well done xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Fabulous cards, Julia! XOX

Cathy said...

Stunning cards Julia, the detail on the stamp is amazing and I love the 3 variations you created, looks like such a versatile stamp, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Bonnie said...

Awesome results with this technique, Julia! I love that you got totally different looks!

Viv said...

Such beautiful cards Julia, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Marlena M. said...

Oh what a lovely image to work with and you did it skillfully Julia! Beautiful depth~

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a trio of beauties with that daisy background, Julia!! Especially love the orange/yellow additions but the black one is particularly appealing to me!!

cm said...

WOW! I'm blown away by how stunning your Daisy Days cards are, Julia! Same stamp; three different looks. Talk about the perfect way to highlight your challenge!
hugs~carol

JulieP said...

The depth and crispness of these images are amazing!!! All three are just gorgeous. Thanks so much for including Seize the Birthday in your challenges!!!

Christine Alexander said...

these are absolutely stunning Julia, the black background really makes the embossed surface pop ♥

Dotty Jo said...

Your cards always have that little extra something about them. Stunning work, Jo x PS You may want to head on over to the last winners post for Christmas Kickstart...