Saturday, June 3, 2023

Inkspirational Challenge #291 - Seasonal

 There's a new post up at Inkspirational today!


Since I need to get a jump on my Christmas cards -  I chose Christmas/Winter as my season! 
 
I laid my Fir Branch Stencil over a panel of water color paper.  I lightly tapped  Dark Brown Brushos over the pine cone area and Emerald Green Brushos over the pine areas.  Then I spritzed with water activating the color crystals.  I carefully lifted the stencil off the panel and had this lovely print.  I put it aside to dry and then added the Label Sticker from Idea-ology as a sentiment!

When you do this technique, the top of the stencil ends up with lots of pooled Brushos on it.  So I quickly flipped over the stencil and pressed it onto another panel of water color paper.
  
When I removed the stencil off the panel, it was mostly the splotches of green that you see on the panel below and really did not leave a definition of the pine cones.  So, after this panel dried, I laid the stencil over it and sponged over it with brown ink - quite a  different negative/positive print look - but a lovely card I think?!  

I didn't waste the watery Brushos
 AND I got two Christmas cards done!  Win/Win!

So please join us and choose a SEASON for your card design!  You will find lots of Seasonal inspiration  over at Inkspirational.

You have until June 16th to link up your card!

I'm linking my card to:
#141  Anything Goes

#50 Anything Christmas


no stamping



Paper:  Water color - Canson Cold Press
Ink:  Espresso - Altenew
Accessories:  Fir Branch Stencil - The Crafters Workshop, Dark Brown and Emerald Green Brushos, Label Stickers/Christmas - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, water mister.

11 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Both of these cards are SOOOOO pretty Julia, and it's definitely a win-win when you get two cards from one play! I love the stencil you used and how beautiful all the different shades of green and brown show up with the Brushos you used...really need to get mine out and have a play! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! :0)

Marlena M. said...

Oooh, I love the technique you used Julia; these are gorgeous!

Susan said...

Love both versions of the watery brushos prints, but especially the first one - such a great mixture of colour tones! Thanks for reminding me to use my brushos with stencils!

Carol said...

What a great technique that left a great texture on your card! I am not familiar with Brushos but now I need to do some research on it. So glad you shared your lovely card with us this month at Christmas Craft Creations!

Loll said...

LOVE the brushos over your beautiful stencil, Julia! And I love the monoprint background with your brown stenciling ... so creative and fun. And a great way to make use of the beautiful leftover brushos! xx

cm said...

Two magical Christmas cards from your combination of brushos and stenciling. I'm especially smitten with the first; those pops of colours are absolutely lovely! Fabulous inspiration for our new challenge.
hugs~carol

Pia S said...

You got a stunning result with brushos, I'm really surprised how crisp and clean the print is on card 1. Totally fabulous result on card 2 as well!

Marina said...

I haven't used my Brushos for a while but you've inspired me ! You're very skilled with the stencils and have created two great cards.

Shona Erlenborn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shona Erlenborn said...

These are both fabulous! What an great idea to use the stencil in this way! Thank you for sharing with us over at the Holly and Ivy Challenge.

Kampin' Karen said...

Julia, these are incredible. I'm afraid I'd have one running mess with my brushos. I'd love to see you do a tutorial on this technique. TFS.