Tuesday, March 2, 2021

The Card Chain Challenge February Reveal

 Today I'm posting the card I made and sent to Greta in Oregon for the February Card Chain Challenge Reveal.  I received a card from Jeanne in Minnesota.

This was the February Challenge

Challenge Directions 
Make a card using at least one of the following options. 

Color Palette Option


Sketch Option
(Orient as desired.)

Theme Options: Chinese New Year/ Polar Bears/Love/Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Ribbon/Texture

And here's my card:
I used the colors, the sketch (each figure is one of the circles), theme: Polar Bear and technique - Texture: two of the images are raised p on foam dots and the background is woodgrain (although it's paper but looks textured!?)

When I showed my card to my husband he said that a polar bear from the North Pole would not be seen with a penguin from the South Pole .........  oh well - artistic license right??!!

You can sign up for the March Card Chain Challenge through March 6th here.  
You'll find all the details of the challenge there also.



Stamps:  Warmest Wishes - Papertrey Ink, Sentiment from Snowman and Bunnies - Colorado Craft Co.
Paper:  White - Papertrey Ink, DP Ms. Sparkle paper pad - Joann.
Ink:  True Black - Papertrey Ink
Accessories:  Warmest Wishes Dies - Papertrey Ink, Skinny Strips - Neat and Tangled,  Copics R59, B29, Cool Grey, foam dots.

12 comments:

papierelle said...

Your card is amazing. Love the design and your great idea to use wood paper for the background!!!

HilaryJane said...

Absolutely, artistic licence is very important in this game. I love your card, your polar bear is so stylish and that background is wonderful xx

Christine Alexander said...

Great card Julia, background your paper has so much texture and the penguins and polar bears always get together for Christmas :)

Mac Mable said...

Artistic licence indeed and one adorable and 'textural' card Julia x.

Bonnie said...

I didn't know that penguins and polar bears don't come from the same place. I need to watch National Geographic more, I think! I love your card and I think they look very friendly! I'm sure that Greta is enjoying this card!

Jutta said...

Hi Julia, I'm loving your sweet polar bear scene and really like that sentiment!

Robyn Oliver said...

Super 'cool' card Julia, the polar bears was a great theme...along with your penguin - never minding that they've not met...we certainly don't know that. Great use of the themes for CCC. I see I'm sending you my March card - it'll definitely be Spring with those gorgeous colours....hugs Robyn

Annerieke said...

Your card is amazing Julia, great how you used all the options. And a penguin and polar bear together....well I think one of them is on vacation 😉.
Hugs, Annerieke

Angelnorth said...

"Why don't polar bears eat penguins?" - sounds like your hubby would answer that one in a heartbeat! Artistic licence makes for a great card though Julia, love the woodgrain background and the way you worked in the colours for CCC!

GerJanne said...

Hi Julia,
Your card is a beauty! The polar bear is very nice and the mountains...perfect on your card...

Loll said...

Fun card Julia! The wood background is perfect ... it does look textured!! Your fun pointy mountains, polar bear and penquin are adorable. Love the sweater on the polar bear :) Artistic license for sure! :) xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling polar bear card, Julia - just love the woodgrain behind with all the trees and mountains!! Cute visiting penguin too :)