Sunday, March 7, 2021

A Bunny and a Balloon Birthday

I recently purchased this sweet stamp set Birthday Wishing by Colorado Craft Co. and wanted to try it out right away.  
I stamped the images onto a panel of watercolor card and then water colored the bunny, the balloon and the other little critter.  When that was dry, I water colored the grass to ground them and the blue sky above them.  I adhered the panel to a white card base.

I'm linking my card to:







Stamps: Birthday Wishing - Colorado Craft Co.
Paper: watercolor paper - Canson Cold Press, white card base - PTI
Ink: Obsidian - Altenew
Accessories: Raw Sienna, Paynes Grey, Emerald, Deep Cadmium Red, Chinese White, Cerulean Blue water color paints, water, #3 and #1 paint brushes.

9 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

So cute and awesome loose water colouring Julia, I love these Colorado Crafts stamps :)

Darnell said...

Someone here wants you to know that other little critter looks quite a bit like him, sis! 🤗 And the bunny is pretty cute, too! I love your watercoloring, which brings the whole sweet scene to life! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well and see you on Wednesday! Hugs, Darnell

Mac Mable said...

Super adorable and the cutest of Birthday card Julia x.

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, Julia! Wonderful watercoloring!

papierelle said...

The two of them have so much fun with the balloon and I get in a good mood while watching!!

Loll said...

So adorable Julia! LOVE your watercolouring. What a fun birthday card! xx

Lisa Kind said...

I'm doing everything in my power not to buy these cute images. I'm about to fail after seeing your beautiful card. Love your watercoloring. Lovely card! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

HilaryJane said...

I love that watercolored sky so loose and perfect. Wish I could do that xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous card! Beautifully coloured! I recently got this stamp - must use it 😊!