Monday, March 15, 2021

Ho Ho Ho - CAS Christmas - Mid Month Reminder

 Here's a card I made for the CAS Christmas Card Challenge Mid Month Reminder!  Loll's challenge for us is to use Kraft/Red/White on our cards.   It's also CAS Christmas' 3rd Birthday so there are prizes to be won!    


And here's my card!

I die cut the Santa face from the Fresh Baked die set from Tim Holtz/Sizzix.  I glued the pieces together and then covered the colored bits with Glossy Accents so it looks like a shiny frosted cookie. 

I sponged randomly over the mini layering snowflake stencil onto a white card base with Antique Linen Ranger Dox Ink and stamped the sentiment from Secret Santa from Waltzingmouse/retired in black.  I popped up Santa on foam dots.

You have until 3/24 to link up your card.  Check out the prize details and wonderful inspiration from the Design Team along with our lovely Guest Designer, Gundi (paperielle) at CAS Christmas!


Stamps:  Secret Santa - Waltzingmouse (retired)
Paper:  White, Kraft, Pure Poppy, True Black, Sweet Blush - PTI
Ink:  True Black - PTI, Antique Linen Ranger DOX
Accessories:  Mini Snowflakes stencil - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous, Fresh Baked Thinlit Dies - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Glossy Accents - Ranger, foam dots, white gel pen (used on eyes), finger sponge.

14 comments:

Linda said...

Julia, love your sweet faced Santa on your card. So adorable.

Marcia Hill said...

What an adorable Santa die cut image Julia, and with the GA he really does look like a yummy sugar cookie!! Love the stenciled snowflake background too! Cute, CUTE card!! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... this is so adorable, Julia! I LOVE your sweet Santa. It does look like a yummy cookie! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Santa makes for the perfect cookie, love the addition of the frosting and the snowflakes as your background :)

Mac Mable said...

Fun and fabulous card Julia and yes the cute Santa sure does look like a yummy cookie x.

Vicki Dutcher said...

That Santa face is so fun! Great use of the colors

Susan said...

Love that Santa face on the snowflake background - what innovative use of the colours!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely adorable, Julia! Your Santa is so cute and I love how you added GA to create the look of a shiny frosted cookie :) Fun card! xx

Bonnie said...

Wow! This does look like a fantastic Christmas cookie, Julia! You've iced him up perfectly!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Your Santa is so sweet and shiny, Julia! The background snowflakes are the perfect backdrop for him! The way you used Kraft is unexpected and I love it!
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

Oh this is adorable! You nailed it!... before reading your post, I thought Santa’s face looked like a cookie! The glossy accents was a perfect touch.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

That Santa cookie is the cutest, Julia!! Love the partial stenciling behind too!!

Colleen said...

Your Santa is just the cutest, Julia! I love you background, so soft and subtle, yet very effective!

Vicky Hayes said...

Before I read your post Julia I thought your Santa looked like an iced cookie! I love the stencilled background showing him off beautifully. Vicky x