Monday, March 11, 2019

Easter Place Card Treat Boxes

All this month Eileen Hull's Inspiration Team will be posting creations using Eileen's Sizzix Dies with a Spring Things theme.

This was the perfect opportunity for me to make place card treat boxes for my grandnieces and grandnephews to have at their seats at the Easter Sunday table!

I used Eileen's Stacking Drawer die and her Place Card and Flowers die.

Landon is 8 and his sister Mila is 6 - children of my niece Katie
James is 7 and his sister Madelyn is 4 - children of my niece Christie
Here are a few photos showing how I put these together.

I cut out the pieces of each die from mat board
I used just the drawer piece from the stacking drawer die
(not the wrap around piece shown at the bottom of the photo)
as I wanted an open box to put treats in.
I cut apart the place card die-cut at the score line in the center so I could make two place cards from one die-cut (since I didn't need to have the place card stand up on its own) - the patterned paper and the egg cover up both the extended flower and the negative cut-out of the flower.  I die cut a piece of patterned paper - placing the paper just over the bottom half of the place card die - and adhered the paper to the mat board die cut.
I stamped the dotted eggs on watercolor paper and die cut them with a Nestability Egg die.  I sponged the flowers from the place card die in spring colors, stamped their name on the egg and added enamel dots to the centers of the flowers.
I adhered the egg onto the place card piece and layered the flowers over the egg.
I cut pieces of patterned paper to fit 3 sides of the drawer (one 2 3/4" x 1 1/2" and two pieces 2" x 1 1/2"), leaving the notched side plain as it would be glued to the back of the place card piece.  After gluing the sides together, I glued the bottom onto the drawer.  Then I glued the plain front of the drawer to the back of the place card.
I added paper grass to each box.  Here's the side view.
and the view from the back.
I placed a Kinder Joy egg in each box.
(the kids LOVE these and I was happy to see new Easter ones in the stores as they seem to already have all of the toys in the older eggs!)
They love to have things personalized with their names.


These will be a festive addition to the table at Easter Dinner!  
I'm already thinking about what I could put on them instead of an egg for other holidays!  

Here's a photo of me and the kids last Easter when I had brought Easter mazes I found on line and chick and bunny head pens that lit up like strobe lights when you tapped them on the table!!
Madelyn, Mila, Landon and James.
Please check out Eileen's blog during the month of March where you will see all of the Inspiration Teams Spring Things  projects gathered!


Stamps:  Spring Baskets, Nestie Eggs - Waltzingmouse (retired, no longer in business), Alphabet stamps - Karen Foster (retired)
Paper:  Little Sizzles Matboard - Sizzix, Wood Grain Paper Pad - Joann,  watercolor paper - Canson.
Ink:  Limeade Ice, Lovely Lady, Vintage Jadeite, Lavender Moon, Hibiscus Burst, Spring Rain, True Black - PTI.
Accessories:  Box Stacking Drawers die, Place Card and Flowers Die - Eileen Hull/Sizzix,  Nested Eggs die - Nestabilities/Spellbinders, enamel dots - Altenew, Tombow Glue.

6 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

These are the cutest things for the kids for Easter. TFS.

Christine Alexander said...

OMG they are going to love them. Such adorable egg baskets Julia :)

Mac Mable said...

How thoughtful and caring to make these fabulous and unique little Easter gifts. Amazing and so creative. Love the personalisation on them and they are sure to love them and of course the 'new' Kinder eggs x.

Bonnie said...

Wonderful placecards for the children, Julia! They will love their treats!

nancy littrell said...

Julia, such sweet Easter basket place cards made with so much love for your great nieces and nephews:-) Thank you so much for sharing your photos of how you made the baskets and last years pretty Easter table with the cute kids. Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

These are adorable place card holders/treat boxes Julia. The kids are going to love them! xx