Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Easter Daisies

I'm madly making Easter cards to both sell at my church as well as send out to relatives and friends.  Today I have a floral card (rather than eggs or bunnies) with an Easter sentiment, since in my part of the world, Easter comes at springtime!
I used a watercolor technique to stamp my Dancing Daisies onto vellum.  I placed the stamp in my Stamp Platform, colored over the stamp areas with 4 colors of Ranger Distress Markers (Victorian Velvet, Aged Mahogany, Shabby Shutters and Forest Moss), spritzed with water lightly (as I was stamping on vellum that obviously won't absorb the water!) and pressed it onto the vellum. 
I let the vellum panel dry, then I die cut the vellum panel as well as a white panel using Scallop Stackers: Small from PTI.  I adhered the two die cuts together using 1/8" Scortape just around the outside edge and adhered that panel to a white card base.   I stamped the sentiment from Easter Alleluias from PTI onto a punched oval and adhered that directly onto the panel.

I'm linking my card to several challenges:


my sketch fits accept for the one daisy that goes off to the right!

Stamps:  Dancing Daisies - Penny Black, Easter Alleluias - PTI
Paper:  vellum, white, Lavender Moon - PTI
Ink:  Autumn rose - PTI
Accessories:  Ranger Distress Markers Victorian Velvet, Aged Mahogany, Shabby Shutters, Forest Moss, Stamp Platform - Tonic/Tim Holtz, water mister, 1/8" ScorTape, oval punch - SU.

17 comments:

Robyn Oliver said...

WOW I love this soft pretty flower on the vellum, fabulous colours, nice card Julia

stampwithamyk said...

Your flowers are stunning! I love the colors and design! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful flowers, Julia! They looks so dreamy on the vellum!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Gorgeous!!! Thanks for explaining, too!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow this really special Julia! I just love the colours of your daisies and they almost look ethereal on the vellum:) So glad you joined in the fun at the CAS Watercolour Challenge:)

Loll said...

Amazing work Julia! Your flowers are just perfect with this technique on vellum. Lots of depth of colour. Love the scalloped border and the sweet pink oval sentiment.

Melissa Grant said...

I love how you used the flowers as the divide on your card. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at SUNDAY STAMPS :)

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful card Julia!! I love how soft your color came out on the vellum...so delicate looking! Loving the scalloped edges too! Lovely, lovely Easter card!! :0)

Susan said...

What beautiful shading on the flowers! The vellum gives it a lovely ethereal look!

Heather said...

So lovely, Julia! I love the soft, washed look of these flowers, and your layers are super cute! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful...love your gorgeous flowers and those colors are just amazing!

nancy littrell said...

Beautifully watercolored stamped daisies on vellum, Julia. So perfect for an Easter card. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Mac Mable said...

Now that was brave of you to use a large stamped image and water coloured it onto vellum and I love it. Great colours, great effect and so very striking x.

Monika Reeck said...

Oh woow this watercoloring on vellum...
so beautiful looks..
I never try it cause I think the vellum will be wrinkle..
great choice of colors too
great card
Many thanks for using my sketch and joining our challenge #200 at Sunday Stamps
hugs
Monika (DT)

Shona Chambers said...

Well, I learned something new today, I had no idea you could stamp Distress Inks on Vellum and it would turn out as gorgeous as this??!! Just beautiful and love the pink colour you chose, so very soft. Thank you so much for sharing this technique and also joining us at The Flower Challenge!!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Fantastic and beautiful results of stamping with added water on vellum, Julia! I know it's difficult to get it right (at least for me..), but you made a great impression with an artsy watercolor-look without vellum warping.
I love the colors of the daisies! They're so lovely.
Hideko xx

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous watercolour stamping - this is lovely.
Alison x