Wednesday, March 13, 2019

A Galaxy Christmas

I work on my Christmas cards all year long so I have a box full when the season rolls around - one less stress right?!  

So today I made a card with Santa and his reindeer flying through interstellar space on Christmas Eve!  

I used a wonderful 4 1/2" wide Galaxy washi tape from Altenew for the background.  I adhered the washi tape to a 4 1/4" x 5" panel of white card and then die cut it with Pierced Feature Frames: Rectangles.   
I find that sometimes washi tape will peel off if it's not wrapped around the edge - so cutting it with this die with the stitched edge holds it on to the panel! 
I adhered the outside of the frame to the card base with foam dots and adhered the inside piece recessed inside the frame.  The Santa in his sleigh is from the Make it Market Kit Fairy Tale Christmas from PTI and is layered over the galaxy with foam dots.  Then I added the sentiment - a Metallic Sticker/Holiday Talk from Idea-ology. 
I'm linking my card to:

anything goes



Paper:  White - PTI
Accessories:  Pierced Feature Frame Dies - PTI, Santa on sleigh from Make it Market Kit Fairy Tale Christmas - PTI, Galaxi Washi Tape - Altenew, foam dots, ScorTape, Metallic Stickers/Holiday Talk - Idea-ology.

8 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Great use of the washi tape and it makes a glorious galaxy sky for Santa and his sleigh x

Christine Alexander said...

I want that washi tape. Love the effect Julia :)

Bonnie said...

Great trick for keeping the Washi tape stuck tight, Julia! Love the frame and the night sky with Santa and his reindeer off to make their deliveries!

Loll said...

Washi tape has come a LONG way, hasn't it. So cool with the galaxy background. Great tip about die-cutting it with a stitched edge to hold everything in place. Wonderful design with Santa and his reindeer flying high. xx

MagsB said...

Wow, Julia, what a fab, dramatic Christmas card! I love your washi tape sky, it's gorgeous! Thanks for joining in at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge!

love Mags B x

Susan said...

I love that galaxy washi tape! It makes a fabulous sky for the Santa and sleigh. Great framing too. A perfect card for the CAS Christmas Deer challenge.

nancy littrell said...

What a clever and beautiful Washi Tape galaxy reindeer and Santa card design, Julia. TFS your tips too. Hugs..Nancy

Jeanne H said...

Oh, I have been wanting that washi tape! Love it with Santa's sleigh. I too thank you for the tip.