Wednesday, September 26, 2018

The Spooky Side of the Pick Up!

So, you may have seen my sweet little Farm Fresh Pickup I posted on Monday.  Well, today, I spent all day making two spooky Pickups for Halloween! 
(It always takes longer to make the first one, as I kind of design it as I go along and think of things or find 'stuff' to use on it!)
They look sort of like pumped up racing trucks at first glance -  and then you notice the skulls!
It's the same Dashing in the Snow: Pickup die from PTI as my first trucks - but this time I used some fun DP's on the wheels fenders and windows.   Michaels had their Halloween stuff 40% off already and the bat paper came from A Moonlit Manor Paper Pad.  The spider web paper I used for the tires came from an old Authentique paper pad - Collection/Enchanted.
 The die cut cat and raven are Movers and Shapers dies by Tim Holtz/Sizzix.  The 'Wicked' and 'Boo'  are wooden Amuse stamps.  I added rhinestones to the tire hubs and in the eyes of the big skull lurking in the truck bed!
 Here's the skull out of the truck - pretty big and frightful, right!?
The 'Open if You Dare' stamp is yet another from Amuse.
How cool are these shadow skeletons gazing out the window.  This paper is from the same paper pad from Michaels that I used for the fenders.
And even more of them gazing out the front windshield!!  
On the roof, the two skeletons on the ends are 
Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Skulls.  The one in the center came in a package of really big skulls (like the one in the bed of the trucks) and several  little ones.  I got them at JoAnn last year.  I added orange rhinestones to their wicked eye sockets!  I glued them to the roof with Tombow Glue.
I added a different die cut cat to my 2nd truck (someone gave me this one so I don't know what die was used.)  The sign sentiment is from Midnight Feast by Waltzingmouse (retired). I glued it to a wooden coffee stirrer from Starbucks.  I sponged all the edges of the sentiment pieces with Soft Stone Ink from PTI.
The same three skulls lined up on the roof!
The spider web on this side was also sent to me so I don't know the die.
For my second truck I used a DP with bones on it for the fenders.
The Boo Stamp is another wooden stamp from Amuse.
And finally, a flying bat (a Movers and Shapers die from Tim Holtz/Sizzix) was added to the grill on a foam dot and given orange rhinestone eyes!
Cute in a spooky way, right??!  
These little pickups measure about 4 1/2" long x 2 1/8" tall at the cab and 1 3/4" wide. 
My next project with this fun Pickup Die will probably be for Christmas!  Stay Tuned!!

Stamps:  Wicked, Open if You Dare, Boo! - Amuse, Midnight Feast - Waltzingmouse (retired)
Paper:  True Black, Soft Stone - PTI, Kraft Metalics - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, DP - Collection:enchanted - Authentique, Moonlit Manor Paper Pad - Michaels.
Ink:  Hero Hues Black, Soft Stone - PTI, 
Accessories:  Dashing Through the Snow: Pickup Die - PTI, Mini Cat and Raven Dies - Movers and Shapers Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Bat die - Bat and Skull Movers and Shapers Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Skulls - JoAnn, Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions, Orange Rhinestones, Kaiser Craft, Tombow Glue, foam dots.

16 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

OMG Julia, so cool. what a great Halloween treat :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is just fabulous! A perfect a Halloween truck! ☺

Bonnie said...

These trucks are wicked fun and scary! Their eyes are especially scary with the light from the rhinestones!

Kim Heggins said...

wow...over the top fabulous! you are so talented!

Mac Mable said...

So clever, so creative and another great use for the truck die cuts. The skulls look fabulous and those wheels are great! Fun idea x

Trina P. said...

So fun! I wish Halloween was big in my household. xx

Loll said...

SO COOL!! I love every detail, Julia. I bet you had fun making these!! They are SPOOK-tacular! :) Sorry, couldn't resist! :) xx

Sharli Schaitberger said...

OMGSH - so much scary detail!! These are fantastic - wicked!
Hugs!!

Anne Temple said...

Wow, these are amazing!!

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh these are amazing! I especially love the ghost paper you used on the windows! Very clever!

Papercraft Boutique said...

OMG! These spooky pickups are so cool, Julia! You used the DP's so well and I love the windshield!! And look at the sculls - they're so scary with the light in their eyes!!
Now I can't wait to see the Christmas pickups! :-) Hideko xx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh what fun these are for Halloween decor - the pickup truck is so cool, and I love all those skulls perched on the top and in the back. Off for a catch up to find out what else you've been making with that truck.
Alison x

Redanne said...

I absolutely loved your first pair but these - wow, they are brilliant with your Halloween theme, the skulls are amazing. I love everything about these! Hugs, Anne xx

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

WOW, Julia! What an awesome creation! I love the truck and all the decorations!

Jo said...

You are so talented in the 3D department. These halloween trucks are totally off the charts. Amazingly executed WOW! xx

stampingbowd said...

Awesomely wicked! Such a great project!!!