Monday, September 24, 2018

Fresh from the Farm

Papertrey Ink had this Pick Up Truck Die in their September release and I knew I had to buy it as soon as I saw it!  How cute is this??!!   
It sold out in one day - (but you can click on the NOTIFY ME and they'll send you an e-mail when it's back in stock).  I'm making fall and Halloween cards and crafts to sell at my Church Fair in October and knew this would be a perfect item.  It measures about 4 1/2" long x 2 1/8" tall at the cab and 1 3/4" wide.  
I got the idea from PTI Designer, Betsy Veldman, who made a truck just like this so I can't take credit for the design!   I used a different fence (which is not part of the die set) and I added my little sign along with some brown basket shred (hay!)

I die cut the fence from Village Bungalow (Tim Holtz/Sizzix) and trimmed it to fit in the truck bed.  The Farm Fresh stamp is from Barnyard Sentiments (PTI) and the Fall Blessings is from Peace and Plenty (Waltzingmouse/retired)  I attached the sign to a wooden stir stick from Starbucks cut to fit.  The oversize pumpkin is from JoAnn - I bought a whole cylinder of them last year and never used them! It's the pumpkin that won the prize for being the biggest at the country fair!

I've made 4 so far -  two of them in Americana card and two in Ocean Tides card.  I sponged all the edges with the same color ink as the paper to give it an aged dimensional look.
With a change of stampings and truck colors, I can make some spooky Halloween Pick Ups and some Christmas Pick Ups! 

I'm linking my red truck to:

Planes, Trains and Automobiles (I hope trucks count?!)





Stamps:  Barnyard Sentiments Stamp Set - PTI, Peace & Plenty - Waltzingmouse (retired)
Paper:  Americana, Ocean Tides, White, True Black - PTI, Brushed Silver - SU, watercolor paper - Canson.
Ink:  True Black, Smokey Shadow, Americana, Ocean Tides - PTI
Accessories:  Dashing Through the Snow: Pick Up Die set - PTI, Village Bungalow Die - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Tombow Glue, ScorTape, brown basket shred, wooden coffee stirrer, little pumpkins - JoAnn.

19 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh My! This is freaking adorable!!!!! I can see why it sold out so fast! I love yours and how you decorated!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I am falling over with this SO ADORABLE truck! How perfect was our photo for this fun truck AND pumpkin. Well done!! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Macimbalo said...

WOWSERS!!! This is amazing - I love everything about it -so creative and wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing at JUGS!!!

Bonnie said...

How delightful, Julia! That pumpkin is perfect! I predict these will sell fast at your sale!

Redanne said...

Julia, I am totally in love with these trucks, they look amazing - I love the little picket fence especially. These would sell like hotcakes at your church fairs! Love them! Hugs, Anne xxx

Papercraft Boutique said...

These are fabulous cute trucks, Julia! Your sponging sure makes them look aged and dimensional. If you make Halloween or Christmas pick-up, I'd love to see them too. Hideko xx

Loll said...

AWESOME! What a cool truck, Julia. I can see why you had to get it! You've picked two wonderful colours to make them with. The accessories you've added to the truck bed are adorable. I can see you making these for all kinds of celebrations. xx

maria f. said...

How FUN is this?!?

Mac Mable said...

So creative and such fun. Loving the detail of the picket fence and loving the colours and how you've put them together x.

Miriam said...

This is wonderful. Thank you for joining in with the Country View Crafts Challenge.

Nancy Penir said...

Oh good golly, Julia! Couldn't be cuter. It was the one (of the 3) I ordered as well, specifically for Halloween treats for the grandkids. And here's all you inspiration to case. Sideboards are adorable! They will be on my trucks. Simply wonderful creations!

Maria said...

Oh goodness HOW CUTE ARE THESE? So fantastic and amazing. Great detail. What a fantastic fall decoration. Great job and thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls.

Theresa's Studio said...

Your truck is so very adorable! You have this challenge won for sure!

Kim Heggins said...

too darn cute and so much fun!

Craftyfield said...

Indeed the truck is adorable! Lovely make for our Country View Challenge, thanks for joining us!

Monika Gulyas said...

These trucks are fabulous, Julia!!! Perfect autumn decorations!!! And just perfect for the September challenge of the Country View Challenges!!! Thank you so much for joining in!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh yes, now that really is adorable! Perfect recreation of the photo inspiration in 3D - I love the pumpkin popped in the back, and both colourways look great. I can see you'll get loads of use out of this die!
Alison x

Jo said...

My grandkids better not see these little jewels. You are incredibly talented, I believe this is your specialty. xx

stampingbowd said...

Oh, goodness, the fall trucks are darling too! Such a great treat holder!!!