Thursday, September 3, 2026

Guest Designer - Just Us Girls - Die Week #839 Thanks

 I am so honored to have been asked to be a Guest Designer over at Just Us Girls (JUGS) for the month of September! 

I was chosen because my card was a Winner of the Week in July here.  That was also die week!?!

Here's the first challenge for September  - Die Week/Thanks.

"Thanks" always makes me think of Thanksgiving - especially since we are almost moving into fall here in New England.

But I don't send many Thanksgiving cards....

so I went with Thank You using Fall colors!


I first cut a Dark Chocolate base that I  ran through my machine with the Pierced Spring Leaves Cover Plate die from Honey Bee.  

Next, I die cut the side panel out of Saffron Spice using Woven Cane Background die from The Greetery.  This die cuts a full A2 panel but I cut it down to be just about a third. 

I die cut the 'THANK YOU' from Gina Marie Stamps in Summer Sunrise, Saffron Spice and Terracotta Tile.  I cut three more out of Dark Chocolate and layered the colored ones over Chocolate to make them more sturdy.  I layered them on the card with foam dots. 
 
To finish off my design, I die cut the acorn using Autumn Side Kick Thinlits from Tim Holtz/Sizzix and adhered it over the O in the middle THANK YOU!

So what does 'Thanks' make you think of?  We hope you'll join us over at JUGS and link up your creation using dies along with the Thanks theme!

You'll also find lots of inspiration from the super talented Design Team! 

Also sending my card to:

left vertical row  Letters, Sentiment, Die Cut
ends Sept 10th

Fall  ends Sept 25th


Paper:  Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, Saffron Spice, Terra Cotta Tile - PTI.

Other Supplies:  THANK YOU die - Gina Marie Stamps, Pierced Spring Leaves Cover Plate Die - Honey Bee Stamps, Woven Cane Background Die - The Greetery, Autumn Side Kick Thinlits die (acorn) - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, foam dots.

5 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Julia... what a great fall thank you! Love the basketweave border and that you carried it over to that adorable acorn! Fabulous all around. Thanks for being our guestie at Just Us Girls!

cm said...

You're created a most lovely Thank You card, complete with a fall palette, pretty woven cane and embossed background and topped off with the sweet little acorn. Delightful in every way. So thrilled you'll be spending September with us!
hugs~carol

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot, Julia! This is perfect for a fall thankyou! I love the way you used the cane strip!

Darlene said...

Beautifully done Julia! Congrats on your Guest spot! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Four Seasons Co-Owner
P.S. This would also fit our Word Power Challenge

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your color combo on this card is fabulous! Welcome to guesting with JUGS this month