Today's the day all of the cards exchanged for the August Card Chain Challenge are revealed! For August, I sent a card to Linda in MN and received a card from Pia in Norway!
26 cards were exchanged in August.
We are always given options for creating our design - you only need to use one of the options or you can use several of them! This month - I used the colors (pretty much accept for the pink), the theme of Elephants (could you guess that??!) and friendship.
I die cut a 2nd base shape for the elephant to be the back of the card - scored it along the top (about a half inch down) and adhered it to the back side of the front piece.
Have you been thinking you'd like to participate in a Card Chain Challenge? It's really easy - you sign up on Mr. Linky - you send a card to the person signed up before you and you receive a card from the person signed up after you! Gail sends everyone the list at the beginning of the month with peoples email addresses so you can request their snail mail addresses. You'll find all the details for the Sept Card Chain over at The Card Chain Challenge here.
Sign up for Sept ends 9/6
Also sending my card to:
Your favorite wild animal and why. Ends 9/8
Hubby and I went on a Safari in Kenya in 1998.
I will say elephants were my fav, they were definitely the biggest!
(but I also loved the giraffes, hippos, monkeys, lions and many beautiful birds!)
Any Animal will do ends 9/30
Paper: Core-dinations Color Core Card Stock - Tim Holtz/Ranger
Ink: Brushed Corduroy - Ranger Distress
Other Supplies: Clarence Colorize Thinlits Die - Tim Holtz/Sizzix , printed sentiments from stash.





.png)
8 comments:
Wow, Julia what a kind of art. Fun shape card !
Imke
https://mycraftyplace.wordpress.com/
That is a very special and very cool card.
This is oodles of fun, bet Linda loved it!!
Amazing, Julia. What a fun card! I am sure Linda was thrilled to receive it!
Wow Julia, this caught my eye immediately in the reveal. It's so cool - who wouldn't love an elephant shaped card.
Fun take on the theme Julia, great idea to make an elephant card rather than a card featuring an elephant, love it!
Wow, this is great!
Lucky me to get your Clarence for my very own, Julia!! Just darling and he makes me smile every time I see him on the shelf!! Thanks a bunch!!
Post a Comment