Today there's a new challenge up over at Inkspirational Challenge. #374 Word Prompt - Garden
So I literally went out to my garden, picked some pansies and a few leaves from other plants to press for this card!
I laid the blossoms and leaves, face side down onto a panel of water color paper. I folded a piece of computer paper in half and inserted the panel inside (to absorb moisture) and then ran it through my Big Shot. I took the panel out, removed it from the folded computer paper, and scraped off the bits of pansies and leaves that were left on the card stock - and a print was left. I added orange gems, stamped the sentiment and ran along the edge of the panel with a gold Sharpie pen.
Every time you press a panel it comes out different - depending on the blooms and the leaves used (some plant leaves don't leave any green so it's trial and error!)
The wetness of the fresh blooms pressed against the paper can make the cardstock damp and curl a bit. I laid the panels out overnight to dry and then laid heavy books on top of them to help flatten them.
Here are several more cards I made using geranium and pansy petals. On many of these I didn't use any leaves. I used plain white card stock on a couple of them.
So please join us and show us how "Garden" inspires you! You'll find some lovely inspiration from the rest of the team as well as Mr. Linky over at Inkspirational!
This challenge ends on Aug 28th
Also linking my first card to:
Anything Goes ends 8/19
Summer ends 8/17
Make it Colorful ends 8/18
Ink: Nocturne - Versafine Clair
Paper: Water Color Cardstock - Spellbinders, white - PTI, computer paper.
Other Supplies: Pansy and Geranium blossoms, different green leaves from my garden, Candy Gems - Waffle Flower, Big Shot.











.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment