Today's the day all of the cards exchanged world wide for the July Card Chain Challenge are revealed over at the blog!
This month I sent my card to Alice in Austria and I received a beautiful card from Greta in Oregon!
Twenty-six cards were exchanged in July.
Each month we are given options to inspire our card designs, colors, sketch, themes, product and technique options. You only have to use one of the suggested ideas but you can use as many as inspire you!
I was inspired by the Theme - Cocktails this month!
I have had this wonderful cocktail die set Cheers to You by Elizabeth Craft Design for over a year and this challenge gave me the push to finally use it!
I die cut all the pieces out of Water Color Card from Spellbinders and sponged the color on using Ranger Distress Inks. (it's quicker than cutting each piece out of colored papers). The water color paper adds nice texture to the drinks. I pretty much copied the samples on the die packaging to help with colors and what goes with what. (!)
I just love how they came out!
Stamps: Simple Strips: Background - Taylored Expressions.
Ink: Nocturne - Versafine Clair, Ranger Distress - Saltwater Taffy, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Twisted Cintron and Tumbled Glass.
Paper: Water Color Card - Spellbinders, DP Bitty Big Smokey Shadow - Papertrey Ink.
Other Supplies: Cheers to You Die set - Elizabeth Craft Designs, Edge die - Unknown, Simple Strips - Straight Edge die - Taylored Expressions, foam dots, Mini ink blending tool and sponge daubers - Ranger, Copic R29 for the dot on the olive.

.png)





22 comments:
I am so pleased to hear that you had the perfect opportunity to that die set. It has worked a treat and I love the bold spotty background xx
Wonderful card, Julia! I love its summer-ish vibe!
I do love a cocktail and these all look so good. Great polka dot background to show them off too. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts.
Hah, my cocktails were first time out of the package too Julia! Love your die cut ones, that little cocktail umbrella is perfect with its “crinkled” canopy. Love the polka dot background, it gives everything a slightly retro vibe!
A party on a card, Julia! So fun!
This is oodles of fun and the polka dot background makes it even better!
Thank you so much for joining in with our new challenge at Allsorts.
B x
Oh I love it! Your card turned out great.
Lots of great details on your card, I am sure Alice was so happy to receive it! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!
Perfect cocktail card, Julia. The color and little Details are great.
Imke ~MY CRAFTY PLACE
https://mycraftyplace.wordpress.com/
Your cocktails look delish, Julia. What a great theme for summer. :) xx
That's so frustrating to get spammed like that. Grrr. I was going to say that I'll be right over for drinks! Now I wish I really could! Your drinkie-poo card is chef's kiss perfect, sis! Each one looks delish and the dotty pp is the best background for making them POP! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell
Oh, Julia, just look at your fabulous cocktails... They look delicious! Thanks for joining the fun and being a link in our chain again. Jo x
Thats a cool card. Greetings BAstelfeti
I'd love to be served one of those drinks please! It's a fun design and I love the polka dot background too.
Love this, what a fabulous card for our colours of summer challenge at Allsorts. Thank you so much for sharing. Sarah
Hi, I love your interpration of our Rainbow challenge. Your cocktails are coloured look delicious, in wonderful colours. It's a shame so few entered, however, you were a definite winner. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT.
I love your card. What fun dies and colors. Great design. So glad you shared over at Cardz 4 Galz
The cocktails are so pretty, Julia! Love the sentiment! Glad you like the card I sent.
Love this! It really stands out, with the polka dot background and nice big cocktails! Those dies look fab!
Popped over from the NBUS Challenge to tell you I absolutely love this card! Those drinks really pop on that dotted background, and the sentiment is perfect! Great card!
Fabulous trio of cocktails, Julia, and I love the black background with the white dots!!
Post a Comment