Tuesday, July 2, 2024

June 2024 Card Chain Challenge Reveal - Be You Bravely

 Today's the reveal of all the cards sent and received for the June Card Chain Challenge.  This month I sent a card to Carol in the UK and I received a card from Dee in Kenya.

Each month there are options for colors, sketch, theme and product/techniques.  You can use as many options as you want but only have to use at least one.

I used the colors - but only on my blooms -  just couldn't get one of these colors to look good as stems!!??  So just partial credit for that!

And I used the themes of Friendship with the encouraging sentiment, and Summer with the flowers and little buzzing bee.

The flowers are Fresh Picked Anemones dies from Spell Binders, the bee is a firefly die from The Greetery (colored to look like a bee!), the sentiment is a Label Sticker Sentiment from 
Tim Holtz/Idea-ology.

Instead of an opening card - I added a die cut easel to the back of the panel so it stands up for display.

Would you like to send and receive a card to/from anywhere in the world?  

There have been over 4,360 cards exchanged by participants so far,  from 41 of the 50 United States and 33 countries.
    
Please join in for the July challenge - you have until July 6 to sign up.  All the details are posted on the blog.

Also linking my card to:

Way to Grow/flowers  Ends 7/5

Center horizontal row - Die cuts, flowers, Stripes (in honeycomb background)
ends 7/5



Paper:  White, Honey Nut, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening - Papertrey Ink, DP The Bees Knees - Honey Bee Stamps.
Accessories:  Fresh Picked Anemones dies - Spellbinders, Firefly Die - The Greetery, Small Easel Die - Sizzix, Label Stickers Sentiments - Tim Holt/Idea-ology, Copics black, orange, Gloss Simply White Drops - Nuvo, Black POSCA Pen.

8 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such delightful blossoms, Julia - well done for deciding you needed green stems! So fun how you make the CCC cards with easels because, yes, we do love to display them!!

Gail said...

That is such a great die!
Your card is beautiful!

Dotty Jo said...

I did the whole 'Mouth drops open' thing when I first saw your card on the Reveal post, Julia. What a beauty. Thanks for joining the fun at CCC again, Jo x

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my the big blooms are fabulous! Gorgeous card! Glad you shared it at TTTC!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful flowers Julia and beautifully framed with your background ♥

brenda said...

These are beautiful blooms Julie and thanks for showing the reverse as I have a circular canvas I made for my daughters Birthday which I've been contemplating how to make stand.

Many thanks for sharing your pretty card for Carol with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Bonnie said...

Beautiful, big summer flowers, Julia! They look so fresh and pretty!

Linby said...

A beautiful big bold design. Reminds me of a William De Morgan tile (UK potter Victorian). thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.