Saturday, June 29, 2024

Inkspirational #319 Snowy Stencil

 Today I am sharing my DT card for Inkspirational challenge #319

Optional Twist use Paste

I went with the option and used Snowfall Distress Grit Paste through my stencil.  My card base is a navy blue.

Here's a close up to show how thick and gritty the Snowfall  paste is - I had to leave it to dry overnight! I also splattered the panel with a white POSCA pen.  
The tree arch stencil is from a set of stencils called Fairy Tale Christmas from a Make It Market Kit by PTI (retired).

So we hope you will get your stencils out (and maybe some paste!?!) and join us over at Inkspirational -  where you will also find some lovely stencil inspiration from the rest of the DT!

I'm also linking my card to:

1st time using this stencil which I have had for probably 10 years! Also 1st time using the Snowy Grit Paste.

Anything Goes ends 7/23

ends 7/3




Paper:  Enchanted Evening, White - Papertrey Ink
Accessories:  Fairy Tale Christmas Stencil - PTI (retired), Snowfall Distress Grit Paste - Tim Holtz, palette knife, Let it Snow Die - PTI (retired), White POSCA Pen.

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done, this is marvelous!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome end result! Very cool card. Thanks for sharing at JUGS

HilaryJane said...

this looks great. What a good idea to use that dark blue cardstock. The die cut sentiment goes perfectly too xx

Carol said...

Great products you used for this pretty winter scene! And your techniques really made it a stand out design. I love that dark blue a lot too! Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!

Marina said...

Great way to use the paste for this wintery wonderland.

Bonnie said...

A beautiful snowy scene, Julia!

ElizStewart said...

Julia... love how you used paste with this stencil. You don't often see paste taking over the background...absolutely love it! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - that paste looks amazing with the trees, Julia - just love the rich blue of the trees!!

Anita van Deur said...

A fabulous card Julia I love the snowy scene! Thanks for joining the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge. Anita DT

Susan said...

Gorgeous card - love the dark blue card base and the use of the Snowfall paste. I bought some but haven't tried it yet.