Thursday, July 4, 2024

A Birthday Full of Balloons

 Happy 4th of July to all those living in the USA -  Kent and I are celebrating in our backyard on the deck watching all the birds at our feeders - with a lunch of red hotdogs, salad, chips and 4th of July decorated cupcakes!   And then we will watch the Boston Pops on TV which ends with a glorious Fireworks display over the Charles River.  

I wanted to play along with the Color Hues Challenge today and I need more birthday cards in my stash, so I made this card.

I die cut my white card base using A2 Arches die from The Greetery.  I stenciled over a retired PTI balloon stencil - then shifted the stencil and inked more balloons.  The sentiment is a retired die cut from PTI.  I added 3 enamel dots from Altenew.

I'm linking my card to:



Shades of Blue  ends 8/3



Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Speckled Egg - Ranger Distress
Accessories:  A2 Arches Die - The Greetery, Text Block Birthday Die - PTI (retired), Birthday Balloons Stencil Collection - PTI (retired), blender brush, Tuxedo Hearts - Honey Bee.

7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a fun bunch of stenciled balloons, Julia - just love them with the jumbo sentiment atop!! I love watching Boston Pops too - guess I'm an indoor person, not much for going to outdoor fireworks. We're rained out of outdoor stuff anyway...Happy 4th!!

Nancy said...

The balloon background looks really wonderful, Julia as does your card. I appreciate you taking the time to join us at Color Hues! Take care!

Bonnie said...

I love your stenciled balloons, Julia! They are a perfect shade of aqua and the sentiment die cut fits perfectly!

Diane said...

An awesome birthday card and a beautiful job of stenciling!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}
NEW {Love Those Pretty Papers}

Susan said...

Love the overlapping stencilling! Such a great card with the arched shape and the pretty colour.

Karen said...

The overlapping balloon stencil created a very festive background for your die cut greeting! Such a fun card; thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Stef Perry said...

Great shaped card and the stenciled balloons look wonderful, Julia! The large die cut sentiment is the just so perfect for your CAS card. Thank you so much for joining us at Color Hues!