Thursday, July 11, 2024

Seize the Birthday - with Fruit, the Calories Don't Count!

 There's a new challenge over at Seize the Birthday today - as I continue my participation as Surprise Party Guest!

The challenge is always Birthday and there is always a design option - which this week is Fruits.

   

And here's my card where I used the option of Fruit!
My charcuterie board is loaded with strawberries, cherries and slices of pineapple along with a round of brie and a few crackers.

And, although my sentiment says "the calories don't count on your birthday" - the fruit on the board is all good for you so you can eat it without guilt!  
But the birthday cake and ice cream for dessert might be an issue??!!

The board and food items are stamps and dies from Avery Elle, the coaster die is from The Greetery and the sentiment is from a retired set from Papertrey Ink. 

So please join in and show us your birthday cards and maybe use the option of Fruits in your design?!  You'll find lots of inspiration from the talented Design Team as well as Mr. Linky over at Seize the Birthday!

Also linking my card to:

A fruit charcuterie board for a picnic or lunch on the deck  ends 7/17
Something you love -  I love layering die cut sets   ends 7/17

inspired by summertime fruits   ends 7/13



Stamps:  Char-cute-rie - Avery Elle, Foodie Fun - Papertrey Ink (retired)
Ink:  Nocturne - Versafine Clair.
Paper:  Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Pine Feather, Scarlet Jewel, Fine Linen, Lemon Tart and White - PTI, Water color paper - Canson Cold Press (for the board), striped black/white sticky back vinyl sheet from stash,
Accessories: Char-cute-rie dies - Avery Elle, Coaster Die - The Greetery,  circle punch, Tuxedo Hearts - Honey Bee, Copics YR00, E11, E12.

19 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Your fruit and cheese board looks delicious. I do love brie, so I am just imagining that I am tucking in right now. the black and white background looks great too xx

Lisa Elton said...

Wish they didn't count all year long! This is cute, Julia!

Claire Broadwater said...

Julie, this is so creative! I love your charcuterie board with all the summer treats! That sentiment made me smile! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Linda said...

Your charcuterie board looks delicious. Great card and thanks again for being our Surprise Party Guest.

Jan Clothier said...

You are so right - the abundance of fruit is one of the joys of summer. Your board looks so appetising. The striped background is very stylish too. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players.

Carol said...

For my birthday I would love this charcuterie board!!! Very cute and well done! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Nancy said...

You already know I think you nailed this Topping and then some! Awesome, awesome job! Have a great day and weekend ahead!

Vicki Dutcher said...

How fun is this! My friend makes these all the time for her Summer food - :) - Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Bonnie said...

LOL, if calories don't count on your birthday, I'm having cake with my fruit! Love your charcutier board!

Barbara said...

What a creative idea and you certainly Nailed it! I love this idea and a birthday card is the best.

ElizStewart said...

Julia... what fun! A charcuterie board is so creative and so very summery. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

JanR said...

Birthday cake doesn't have calories, right? (; Fantastic card! Everything looks good enough to eat! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Cathy said...

Such a clever take on the theme Julia! Love those tasty looking tidbits, they look real!! Thankyou for guesting with us again at STB, Cathy x

Loll said...

What a fantastic way to spend a summer's day!! LOVE your picnic blanket with all the tasty snacks. Fun card Julia!! xx

Anonymous said...

Julia, your charcuterie board is outstanding! What a great way to show all the fruit! Thank you for the great inspiration as our guest at STB!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous charcuterie board card, Julia! (Except for the cheese, I’ll pass on that 🤣). Thanks for another inspiring creation as our surprise party guest as STB!

JulieP said...

This is such a fun take on the topping!!! Those crackers actually look real. Loving that b/w background too. Thanks so much for guesting with us!

Ashwini Rao said...

Oh, I would love to binge on that charcuterie board!! All the food on it look scrumptious!! And the fun sentiment is such a perfect fit - not that I would care, looking at what I would get to eat! Great card, Julia! And thank you for this amazing inspiration!!

Glenda J said...

This is so clever Julia! Absolutely love everything about it. Great colours and patterns on this super creative card.