Sunday, May 19, 2024

The Roar of a Miniature Lion

 I'm joining in on the latest Try it on Tuesday challenge - Small Things.  

I made a miniature book on Lions - well 2 books actually so I could show the cover and the pages inside!  

This book measures 1" H x 3/4" W x 1/4" deep and has 11 pages in it, all different pictures of lions. Comparing to a US nickel in the photo.

I found the book patterns on ETSY -  at the shop Ever After Miniatures.  Look under the tab Openable Miniature books. 

She has lots of miniature patterns for all kinds of things!   

I have purchased the patterns for about 25 of her miniature books and am slowly making them all! They are all copies of old books, some are just photos, some have text, some have more pages than others.

She has one on Owls, Dinosaurs, Cats, Rocks and Minerals, Snakes, Witches, King Arthur, The Bible, Peter Rabbit, a Dessert Cook Book, Roses, Orchids, and Butterflies just to name a few!   They average $2-$4 and you get the file to save to your computer so you have it forever and you can make as many as you want! 

They are really easy to make and she includes instructions. You cut the page strips, adhere them end to end in a long strip, score and fold on the lines, glue the backs of the folded pages together and glue into the cover.  You print them on regular computer paper.  

I have always loved miniature things.  I sell the books at my church fair and at an occasional craft fair if I rent a table and gift some to friends, but mostly just enjoy making them and looking through them!!

Linking my miniature book to:

Try it on Tuesday - Small things  ends 5/28



Accessories:  Miniature Lion Book pattern - Ever After Miniatures shop on Etsy, glue, scoring tool, scissors, computer paper.

8 comments:

HilaryJane said...

These are so sweet and so tiny. Love them xx

Bonnie said...

Oh my! I'm entranced and in awe of your folding techniques to make this delightful little book!

Christine Alexander said...

what a wonderful project Julia, I've often thought about making a miniature book ♥

Trina P. said...

Wow! So cute! If this isn’t the epitome of miniature, I don’t know what is. So impressed with your patience in working with such a small size… simply amazing! 👏

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such darling little books and thanks for including the quarter for scale - just amazing!! Love, love, love!!

Mia said...

Great idea! Thank you for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Try it on Tuesday
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Meggymay said...

A fantastic miniature book and project. Thank you for linking with the Try it on Tuesdays challenge.
Yvonne

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous little project, I love this idea and might just have to check out the Dinosaurs.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x