Thursday, May 9, 2024

Seas the Day

 I order so many stamps and dies and then forget to use them (!) so I'm trying to make myself use things within a few weeks of purchasing them.  Realistically, I hope I use them within a month!?!

So I was happy to see the Seize the Birthday challenge just posted as it gave me a chance to use this fun die set from Spellbinders Day at the Beach (It's half price right now, just sayin') that I bought at least a month ago.....


Linking to:


first time using this fun die set!


Stamps:  Free Spirit Sentiments - Waltzingmouse (retired), Salt Air Sentiments, Fence Line Summer - Papertrey Ink (retired)
Ink:  Nocturne - Versafine Clair
Paper:  Fine Linen, Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain - PTI, Pale Rose - Bazzill, DP Beach Vibes - Honey Bee, Indiga - Prima Paper Pad.
Accessories:  Day at the Beach dies - Spellbinders, foam dots.

9 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What an adorable card, Julia - just love the patterned paper for the hat, suit and flip flops! So fun with the waves and beach towel too!!

JoAnn said...

Love your card Julia and it is a great take on our "topping" option of beach scene. That is the perfect die to use. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

Lisa Elton said...

I do love the pretty outfit you've given her! Fabulous card, Julia!

HilaryJane said...

I love that die set and am so glad you have used it. I try very hard to use new things when I get them otherwise what's the point? I also try very hard to resist the sales. Unfortunately I usually fail on that one! Your card is gorgeous and I love the matching costume, hat and flip flops xx

Bonnie said...

I have the same problem and I'm trying to use things quicker too. Really I need to not look at the sales! I almost added this but didn't. Now that I see you use it, I kind of wish I'd let it fall into my cart! A super fun card, Julia, and a perfect sentiment!

Christine Alexander said...

Wonderful beach scene.
I need to do that with all all my purchases, stamps stencils and dies :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

This card is fabulous! Love how you did those beach layers and your person is very cool. Thanks for playing in STB.

Loll said...

Beautiful card Julia. Love all the layering to create a fantastic beach scene. xx

Nancy said...

One of my favorite, favorite sets, and your card is just gorgeous! Love the pretty DSP and that background. Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday and good luck going through your new stuff!