Saturday, May 18, 2024

Inkspirational Challenge #316 - Spotlight Sympathy

 There's a new challenge over at Inkspirational today -  #316.  

It's Designers Choice and Pia has chosen:


I looked on Pinterest to find samples of spotlighting as well as YouTube. 
 
And this is my DT card for the challenge.

I used my Misti to stamp the leaves and bloom from an older Wallpaper Art stamp set from Altenew onto two panels of white card, stamping them in the exact same place on each panel.  

Then I die cut a rectangle out of the middle of one of them.  I colored the images on the full panel (at least the parts that would show!) and then adhered  the cut out frame panel over it.  I stamped the sentiment and added enamel dots.

I had an extra frame panel (I made a few errors in stamping during my creation journey!) and adhered  that on the inside of my card which just happened to perfectly frame the sentiment I had already stamped!?!  

It was an afterthought that I really like the look of - adds a little more interest to the inside.


So we hope you will check out the spotlight technique and create a card yourself -  we'd love to see it linked up over at Inkspirational!   

You'll also find some lovely inspiration using the technique by the rest of the Design Team!

You have until May 31 to link up your card!

Also linking my card to:

the first time using this sentiment from the Columbine stamp and die set 
that I've had for at least 8 years??!!



Addicted to CAS  ends 5/24



Stamps:  Wallpaper Art stamp set, sympathy sentiment from Build a Flower: Columbine - Altenew
Ink:  Nocturne - Versafine Clair
Paper:  White - Papertrey Ink
Accessories: Rectangle Die - Spellbinders, Copics YG95, R32, enamel dots - Altenew. 

10 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

How beautiful, Julia - just love how you've colored the inner corners for your spotlight!!

Bonnie said...

This is such a perfect stamp for this technique, Julia! Pretty coloring spotlight and a great idea for the inside!

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous take on the spotlight technique. such a beautiful card xx

Susan said...

Lovely unusual take on the spotlight technique. Great idea to decorate the inside too.

Nancy said...

A beautiful card... love how you used the spotlight technique with this stamp! Thanks for playing along at Addicted to CAS!

I Card Everyone said...

Julia, this is one of my favorite sets from Altenew! I love how it works for your gorgeous 'spotlight' loving the salmon-y pink and this wonderful olive green together!
I'm thrilled to find you in our gallery at The Flower Challenge! Come again soon!
=]

Jaydee said...

Julia, love the layout and the big, bold flowers. Stunning card. So glad you shared this with us at Addicted to CAS this week
Jaydee

cm said...

Julia, your spotlight technique is 'spot on'! Beautiful choice of flower; pretty colouring; lovely design! Definitely inspired and inspiring!
hugs~carol

Marina said...

Such a clever and eyecatching design- perfect use of white space. Beautiful.

Pia S said...

Not only is it a lovely and well thought out design, it’s also a very fitting onefor a sympathy occasion. I find these cards hard to do. I love how you made the inside to match the front. Beautifully done.