Saturday, April 6, 2024

Inkspirational #313 Triple Floating Diamond Fold Birthday

 There's a new challenge up at Inkspirational - and the challenge is:

Now I have a few folds that I love to make - but since this is a challenge -  I went to Pinterest to find a fold I haven't done before.  

And I found this Triple Floating Diamond fold designed by Lisa.  Now, I cannot write out all of the instructions but you will find everything you need to know on the two links below if you are interested.
 
Here's a link to Lisa's blog where you can see 3 designs for the card and her Youtube tutorial on putting it together.

Here is a link to the Google Document list of what size pieces of card stock and patterned paper to cut. 

And here is the Triple Floating Diamond Fold Birthday card that I made.

Since I put the die cut mushroom up on foam dots on the middle diamond, I could slip the corner of the outside diamonds behind the mushroom which helps hold it open for display.

Here's a view looking down into the fold.
Here's the front opened up and flattened.
Here's the front with the outside diamonds flipped over.
Here's the back where I've put panels to write a note to the receiver.

Here it is folded up for mailing - it is a bit thick and I think will probably take two first class stamps to mail - I'll bring it to the post office to find out when I do mail it.  
It will fit into a regular A2 envelope.
Looking down into it folded up.

All of the patterned paper and the die cut mushrooms are from the Mushroom Medley Paper Die Duo  set from Divinity Designs.

So what is your favorite fold?  Or will you go and look for one you haven't done before?  
Either way - we hope you will  join us over at Inkspirational.
  
Please check out the lovely folds the rest of the DT has created and link up yours too!  
You have until April 19 to link up!


Also linking my card to:

F is for Fold It.  ends May 3

1st time using this beautiful DP and first time making this fold!

fancy fold  ends 4/30





Stamps:  My Oh My - Rosies Road Show Wooden Stamp, Sentiment Suite: Birthday - The Greetery.
Ink:  Nocturne - Versafine Clair
Paper:  Pine Feather, White - Papertrey Ink, DP Mushroom Medley Paper Die Duo Set - Divinity Designs.  
Accessories:  foam dots, enamel dots - Altenew mushroom die - Mushroom Medley Paper Die Duo Set - Divinity Designs.

15 comments:

cm said...

Ohmystars, Julia! Talk about a fancy fold; one that would be far beyond my limited 'engineering' skills! Inspired, inspiring, cool and all-around awesome! Love this!
hugs~carol

Dotty Jo said...

Goodness me, Julia! This is so special. The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers are playing F is for Fancy Fold, and your card would fit right in! Jo x

HilaryJane said...

That's very impressive and unusual. Well done for making something different. I think it is about time I tried a fancy fold card xx

Bonnie said...

I am "folding challenged" so I am totally impressed with this, Julia! What a fantastic and fun card! Love the mushrooms and the coordinating paper!

Susan said...

Amazing card, Julia!! That is one complicated fold! Good for you for figuring it out!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What an amazing card, Julia - just love the fun mushroom cluster in the middle diamond & the papers you combined!! Thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial and for all the different views - quite a masterpiece!!

Marina said...

Well done for challenging yourself by making something different - it looks spectacular.

Marlena M. said...

WOW this is amazing Julia! Such an exquisite piece!

Marcia Hill said...

My oh my Julia...my brain can't even wrap around how this fold works, but it is FABULOUS!! Love the papers you used too...soooooooo pretty! I think you nailed this fold challenge...A+ from me!! Hugs. :0)

Donna said...

Wow!!!
This is such an amazing card!
Thanks for sharing your fancy fold with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

Pia S said...

What an elegant and interesting fold, it looks beautiful from every angle and it closes nicely as well. Great choice of fold!

Wendy L said...

This is a great card, lovely images too, thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge

Nonni said...

Wonderful, Julia! I'm happy you took so many photos so one could really get a feel of the fold -very beautiful and perfect for showcasing the lovely paper you chose. Love it! xx

JulieP said...

I don't think I've ever seen this fold before and I love it!!! Thanks for the links. This is just lovely. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Sisterhood!

Helen said...

That looks amazing - so neat and precise.

Thanks for joining us at Moving Along With the Times.

Helen x
DT