Saturday, December 2, 2023

November 2023 Card Chain Challenge Reveal

 Today is the day that we see all the cards exchanged for November in the Card Chain Challenge!  This month I sent a card to Ellie in IL and I received a card from Joanne in CT.  

Here's the card I made.  I just LOVE this apple pie that I made using To Pie for Die from The Greetery!  I think it looks SO realistic and all I did was sponge the layers with Distress Inks!  The coaster die under the pie is also from The Greetery.


This month I followed the sketch, the colors (sort of) and the theme of friendship.




I adhered a die cut easel on the back of my card panel so it can be stood up for display if so desired.


Check out the Card Chain Challenge blog to see all the cards sent and received and to see how you can join in, any month, to send a card and receive a card from anywhere in the world!
  
You have until Dec 6 to sign up for the December exchange.


Stamps:  Leading Ladies: Baker Lady - Ellen Hutson
Paper:  Watercolor - Canson Cold Press, DP - Quality Time - Parklane/JoAnn.
Ink:  Ranger Distress Tea Dye and Vintage Photo, Nocturne - Versafine Clair.
Accessories:  To Pie for Die, Coaster Die - The Greetery, Small Easel Die - Tim Holtz/Sizzix (retired?), enamel dot - Altenew, foam dots.

9 comments:

Greta said...

Oh wow--that pie does look real! Such a fun CCC card!

Bonnie said...

This pie looks so realistic and yummy, Julia! It's making me hungry for pie!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a delicious looking pie, Julia, and I love the little coaster! How fun to add an easel too!

Lisa Elton said...

Well done, this is fantastic!

Gail said...

Your pie looks good enough to eat!
Fantastic card!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and the die-cut pie looks ammazing!!!
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

That pie is amazing. I can almost smell it. What a clever idea for your card this month. Love it xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Super 'sweet' card Julia, I too thought it was real... well done with the sponged colouring, Robyn

Christine Alexander said...

That card looks edible, I love it :)