Saturday, December 2, 2023

Inkspirational #304 - A Glittery Unicorn for Evelyn

 Here's my DT card for the newest Inkspirational Challenge #304 just posted.  Pia is the Designer to choose the challenge this time - and she wants us to Add Glitter!


A friend asked me to make a card for her 2 year old granddaughter - and I thought what would be better than a shaker Unicorn with glitter cardstock?!

I used this fun Potbellies Unicorn die from Papertrey Ink.
  (unfortunately no longer available - I also have the Penguin, Santa and Reindeer Potbellies!). 
 
I personalized it with her name and age, and die cut the wings, snout, hair, horn and flowers out of glitter paper.  I added a mix of colorful gems/sequins in the shaker piece.

I die cut another base piece and adhered it to the front so it stands up.

So how will you use glitter on a card?  
We hope you will join us over at Inkspirational and link up your card.
You'll find lots of inspiration from the rest of the DT as well as Mr. Linky at the Inkspirational Blog!

I'm linking my card to:
Anything Goes

at least 3 different elements
Die cuts, shaped card, sequins, shaker, glitter paper, a number



Stamps:  Potbellies Everyday Sentiments - Papertrey Ink.
Ink:  Nocturne - Versafine Clair
Paper:  Hammered White card - Amazon, white - Papertrey Ink, glitter cardstock - Recollections/Michaels.
Accessories:  Extra large clear bubbles, Potbellies Unicorn Die - PTI no longer available, Alphanumeric Tiny Type Upper dies - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Mermaid Gems - Buttons Galore.

13 comments:

Greta said...

Oh what an adorable card! The glitter cardstock really makes it fun!

Bonnie said...

What fun, Julia! It's so sweet with the glitter and sequins and personalized too!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling card for Evelyn's 2nd bday, Julia - love the glittery unicorn shaker & how fun that it stands up!!

Nancy said...

So creative and it even stands. What two-year-old is not going to love a Shaker unicorn! I just adore this, Julia! Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday.

Barbara said...

This is so clever for a 2 year old. The shaker will really get her attention and that way that you made it stand up for display is awesome. So glad that you joined us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

The card of a 2 year old's dreams! It's adorable, Julia!

HilaryJane said...

What an amazing card for a 2yr old. They will love it. I love it too especially all that glitter xx

Kate said...

Such a delightfully fun card! I am sure that Evelyn will love the glittery unicorn!

Thanks for joining us for our “Bohemian Rhapsody" challenge at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Christine Alexander said...

Such an adorable card for a 2yr old, I love those pot belly characters :)

cm said...

Ohmygosh, Julia! Your pot-belly unicorn, all jazzed up with glitter, is absolutely adorable! What a cutie! Perfect for your friend's 2-year-old granddaughter who, I'm sure, loves it. The personalizing with her name and age is such a special touch. Keepsake!!
hugs~carol

Kristin Sluhan said...

I LOVED the potbellies! It made me smile when I saw this, I have the same one from when my girls were little. Love all the sparkle! Also, thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate the time and the support!

Marlena M. said...

oh so sweet!!! I can already hear her shaking this cutie now!

wannabcre8tive said...

Julia, this card is adorable. Love the shaker and glitter paper. She will love it.