Saturday, December 16, 2023

Inkspirational Challenge #305 - Celebrate: Nativity

 Inkspirational Challenge #305 has just posted! 


and here is the DT card I made for the challenge.  I am celebrating the birth of Jesus with my card.

I bought this beautiful Nativity Triptych from Tutti Designs at least two seasons ago and this is the first time I pulled it out to use it. I love this beautiful scene!

I die cut the triptych out of metallic gold and then cut out a panel of black with it. I inserted the gold die cut into opening in the black panel.

I created my background using the Smooshing with Cling Wrap technique.
I recently did a post with The Group of Seven Cardmakers on this technique. Click here if you are interested in seeing my blog post on the technique.

So how do you interpret Celebrate?
We hope you will link up your card so we can see it over at Inkspirational!
You have until 12/29!

linking my card to:
First time using the Nativity Triptych die.

ends 1/7/24

last minute Christmas Cards
ends 12/23


Celebrate

Christmas




Stamps: Simple Strips: Christmas - Taylored Expressions.
Ink: Nocturne- Versafine Clair, Ranger Distress Festive Berries, Rusty Hinge.
Paper: Bristol Smooth Mixed Media Paper, True Black - PTI, Metallic Gold - Parklane (JoAnn).
Accessories: Nativity Triptych Die - Tutti Designs, Cling (Saran) Wrap, water mister, craft mat, foam dots.

11 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Julia this is stunning! Love the gorgeous scene with our Jesus at the center~

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card, Julia! The gold is so elegant and I love the sentiment!

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful Nativity die, Julia, and a perfect sentiment that says it perfectly! Thank you for the beautiful Christmas card! All that foliage on the splattered background and die cut basket make for a beautiful card!

Darnell said...

I don't think I've seen this beautiful triptych nativity before, sis, and I think it is glorious! Especially with your cling wrap background and the black and gold! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy Christmas Hugs! Darnell

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

That's one gorgeous Nativity, Julia! Love it in gold with that cling wrap background!!

Christine Alexander said...

your Nativity scene is stunning in gold and black ♥

Kristin Sluhan said...

Wow....What a beautiful card! The background is a perfect compliment...Love it!

Brenda in IN said...

What a lovely card and it depicts the season so beautifully. Merry Christmas, dear friend.

Marina said...

Well done for using your stuff and you've showcased the die cut beautifully by layering the colours behind it.

Larelyn said...

Thank you for joining our Cut it Up challenge. We hope you'll continue to play along with us in 2024.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

samantha's cards said...

What a fabulous Christmas card, thanks for joining us at THAIC.