Saturday, February 25, 2023

St. Paddy's Day with Stitches

 Time for a new challenge over at Inkspirational! #284

Pia is the Designer choosing the challenge this week and she wants to see Stitching - real or faux!


I went with the faux stitching option, using the Square Peek a Boo Window die from MFT.  

The front green panel is a textured cardstock so I stamped the sentiment on a  strip of plain green cardstock so it stamped cleanly.

Below is a close up so you can better see the colors on the patterned paper behind the shamrock.  The paper is Ink Drops: Earth from Craft Consortium.  
The Shamrock is 3D Impresslits Lucky Love from Sizzix and also includes a lovely heart die.  The shamrock is up on foam dots as well as the front green panel.
I added 3 gold Droplets from Idea-ology for a little sparkle


We can't wait to see what you create using real or faux stitching.  You'll find the challenge and lots of inspiration from the rest of the Design Team over at Inkspirational!

This challenge ends on March 10th so be sure to post your 'Stitching' card before then!

I'm also linking my card to:
I added gold metallic droplets

mines St. Patrick's Day





Stamps: A Beary Good Year - The Cats Pajamas.(no longer available)
Paper: light green textured card - Parklane Precision Cardstock Pack - JoAnn, New Leaf, Pine Feathers - Papertrey Ink, DP Ink Drops Earth - Craft Consortium.
Ink: Versafine Clair Nocturne
Accessories: Square Peek a Boo Window Die - My Favorite Things, 3D Impresslits Lucky Love - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Skinny Strips Dies - Neat and Tangled, Droplets Metallic - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, foam dots and strips,

9 comments:

Arlene said...

The Day is all about wearin' the green and that's what you've done here - all about the green. Fantastic. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "use some gold" February challenge.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Fabulous CAS design, I really like that background paper, so unique. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks!

Bonnie said...

What a great card for St. Patrick's Day, Julia! I love the details on the four leaf clover and that pretty acetate backing!

Loll said...

Sweet St. Paddy's Day card Julia. Love the depth of your beautiful shamrock over the pretty patterned paper. xx

Marlena M. said...

I could stare at your card all day Julia! The green is eye catching and that background paper is swoonworthy! My late father-in-law was a dead ringer for a leprechaun and I would have loved to have framed something like this for him, had he been with us~

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Ooo - love the texture of that clover, Julia! Perfect rich green with the brighter card!

cm said...

You're celebrating St. Paddy's Day with the wearing o' the green! Love everything about your card, from the various shades of green, to the pretty shamrock, to the gold droplets to the fabulous stitched square frame. I have that die somewhere in my stash; need to bring it within reach as a reminder to give it a play date. Thank you for your sweet comment on my post; I'd love to see your tooth fairy bears. I know they're adorable! We could, if you want, add them to the reminder post; that would be so fun!
hugs~carol

Pia S said...

You've done the tricky thing of going monochrome green - or at least I find that tricky. The design is beautifully clean and simple and very eye catching!

Marina said...

What a lovely design - it looks really dimensional and the different greens look great.