Thursday, February 2, 2023

Card Chain Challenge - January Reveal

 It's time for the January reveal of all the cards exchanged over at the Card Chain Challenge last month.

This time,  I sent a card to Gundi in Germany and I received a card from Pia in Norway!

For January, I used the suggested colors (on the cocktails!), the sketch,  the cocktail theme option and I even got the ombre technique option on the DP!


Theme Options: Cocktails / Elephants / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Distress Ink/ Oxide / Ombre
I used two pieces from a recently purchased Brutus Monroe Pastel Deco paper pad for the background, cut to fit the sketch.  The cocktails are stickers from American Crafts mostly in the challenge colors and the sentiment is a Small Talk/Snarky Sticker from Idea-ology.

Please check out all of the cards exchanged over at the Card Chain Challenge -  where you can also sign up to join in this fun monthly challenge!  You have until Feb 6th to sign up for this month.

I'm also linking my card to:


The paper and cocktail stickers are new



Paper:  Pastel Deco 6x6 paper pad - Brutus Monroe, white card base - Papertrey Ink
Accessories:  Cocktail Stickers - American Crafts, Small Talk/Snarky Stickers - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology.

11 comments:

Viv said...

Love this Julia! The vibrant art deco background is perfect - can see myself in the 1920's in a glitzy bar with a cigarette in a long holder wearing black elbow length gloves and sipping those cocktails!!

Angelnorth said...

That’s fabulous paper and I love the sentiment with the cocktails lined up and ready to go, great card Julia!

HilaryJane said...

Wow, that background is stunning and your little cocktails look amazing too. Great card xx

Makira said...

Cute card! We would love you to share this on our challenge, Park Hopping My Happy Place, a theme park inspired challenge. Your card clearly represents Trader Sam’s at Disney World in Florida.. https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
Cheers, Makira

Arlene said...

I love the mix of geometric shapes that I didn't think would work together, but they're fabulous. And why limit happy to an hour? Love it.

Bonnie said...

Great paper and stickers, Julia! Artsy and fun!

Darnell said...

Did someone say cocktails? Hammy and I have bellied up to the bar and we love, love, love your cocktail art-deco design, sis! Well done checking all the boxes. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

No, seriously. I'll have a Grey Goose 🍸 with a twist and a Roy Rogers for 🐹.

Bastelmichaela said...

It´s a beautiful card, wonderful
Hugs Michaela

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh I love that paper and what a fun card with the little glasses.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love this, Julia - that art deco paper looks amazing with the cocktails!! And I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment :)

Pia S said...

This is such an impressive design, I do love the drink theme with the art deco style patterns.