Sunday, February 5, 2023

An Egg and a Bunny

 I'm already moving onto Easter Mode -  got the Valentines done and a few St. Pats, so now onto the eggs and bunnies!


I found the smooshed egg die cut in my Easter box (I used it for something last year I think? and had made more than I needed).  I had die cut the egg out of water color paper.  I had rubbed Kitsch Flamingo and Frayed Burlap Distress inks on my craft mat, spritzed with water and pressed the egg onto the mat to soak up the colors.

The bunny is a new purchase - Bunny Games from Tim Holtz/Sizzix.  The bunny is popped up on foam dots and 'sitting' on the sentiment strip.
The sentiment is from a retired Waltzingmouse set and I added two enamel dots to the strip.

I created this card for the following challenges:

Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper
I cased one of Jay_Bee's cards



first time using the bunny die



Stamps: Spring Baskets - Waltzingmouse (retired)
Paper: True Black, White - PTI, water color paper - Canson, Pale Rose - Bazzill, dark rose - Parklane/JoAnn
Ink: True Black - PTI, Kitsch Flamingo and Frayed Burlap - Ranger Distress
Accessories: Bunny Games Thinlit dies - Tim Holtz/Ranger, Egg die - Spellbinders, enamel dots - Altenew, craft mat, water mister

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I'm a sucker for a cute bunny and this one is adorable! Love how he's casually perched on the sentiment banner. Fabulous card, Julia! Thanks so much for playing along at Just Us Girls!

ElizStewart said...

Julia... I love that you were able to use something made previously. I am always forgetting to check my "box"! The new bunny is adorable! Such a fun card. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week!

TK said...

Cute! How proud is that little bunny sitting atop his favorite egg, so beautifully smooshed

Loll said...

LOVE the pink and brown smooshed background. Those colours are fantastic together. Makes a wonderful backdrop for that sweet bunny ... so cute! xx

Bonnie said...

This bunny is adorable, Julia! He looks like he's doing quite a dance! And that egg is gorgeous! A fun Easter card, my friend!

Christine Alexander said...

The bunny is so cute and love your smooshed egg as a background ♥

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Oh wow! I love your cute bunny, but the star of the show is that speckled egg - just awesome. I know if I tried that, it would be a complete mess!
xxx

Greta said...

Oh what a fun bunny & pretty egg!

Lisa said...

Truely a fun speckled egg and super cute bunny. Great colors to inspire this card as they work so well together for your speckled egg.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh my, what a fabulous egg - love the colors, Julia, and it looks great with the sweet bunny!!

HilaryJane said...

This is a fun little card, love that egg, just brilliant xx