Monday, October 31, 2022

Leaf Press Thanks

 Well, I'm moving onto fall cards now since tonight is Halloween and I've already sent all the cards I'm sending this year.

So I'm turning to Autumn and Thanksgiving themes.

This is a clean and simple card I made using fallen leaves from the Japanese Maple tree in my yard.


 I laid two leaves over a panel of water color paper, face down, then layered another panel of water color paper over the back of the leaves. I took a piece of computer paper, folded it in half and laid the water color paper leaf  sandwich inside the fold (sort of like a shim). Then I ran it through my Big Shot a few times to be sure I got a good press.

The panel with the leaves face down on it gives a darker press (I made my card from this one) the panel over the backs of the leaves comes out lighter.

I tried using very colorful orange maple leaves but they must have been too dried already as they hardly left a print.

You can try green leaves from plants, as well as flower blossoms - it's trial and error on what presses well!

 
I'm linking my card to 
 
Anything CAS goes

Splitcoaststampers CAS Challenge 

Use Leaves

 

Stamps: Mini Strips Harvest - Taylored Expressions
Paper: Water Color paper - Canson Cold Press
Ink: Espresso - Altenew
Accessories: Big Shot, 2 leaves from my Japanese Maple Tree, Mini Strips Die - Taylored Expression
 

8 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Love the effect of the pressed leaves, the colours left behind always blow me away ♥

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning leaf print, Julia - wow!!

Jane.D said...

Wow, this is stunning! Thank you for sharing and playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you in future challenges too. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

Loll said...

Gorgeous image and colours from your pressed maple leaves, Julia! Great work! xx

Lisa Elton said...

I like the simplicity, Julia this is pretty!

LesleyG said...

What a fabulous idea! Can’t wait to try, thanks for sharing xxx

sentsue said...

Love this technique. Thanks so much for sharing you beautiful work with us on the AAA Cards Challenge.

Bonnie said...

I'm always amazed when the botanicals press in purples. A beautiful impression for a Fall card, my friend!