Friday, October 7, 2022

Ghostly Cat

Another Halloween card made for the spooky day!  

I made the background by dropping Alcohol Inks in Sunset Orange, Wild Plum and some Alcohol Blending Solution onto a white card Yupo panel.  I blew the ink around using an Alcohol Ink Blower (but you could also use a straw).   The colors mixed and blended - but I hope you can see the orange and purple!  

I used the alcohol lift technique for the images  - after the alcohol inks on my panel of Yupo were dry - I inked up my stamp with Alcohol Lift Ink and stamped it onto the AI background and pressed gently and held it there a minute. I lifted the stamp off and quickly stamped it onto a piece of white card to get an off-stamping from the ink that was left on the stamp.

Here's the off-stamping of the cat and sentiment on a white cardstock panel.

Back to the Alcohol inked panel -   I laid a soft cloth over my stamped AI Yupo panel and pressed over the image area. I removed the cloth and then rubbed over the whole panel with a clean section of the soft cloth and the image appears!

I adhered Eerie eyes to the cats face.  I layered the Yupo panel to a slightly larger orange panel and then to a black panel.

I'm linking my card to the following challenges:

I used Sunset Orange and Wild Plum Alcohol Inks.

anything Halloween



Stamps:  Boo Black Cat - Papertrey Ink
Paper:  White Yupo Card - Ranger, True Black, Orange Zest, white card base - Papertrey Ink
Ink:  Alcohol Lift Ink - Ranger
Accessories:  Alcohol Inks Sunset Orange and Wild Plum, Alcohol Blending Solution, Alcohol Ink Blower - Ranger, Eerie Eyes - Doodlebug Designs, clean soft cloth (or paper towel).

8 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your ghostly kitty, Julia - so fun with the spooky eyes! And what a great stamp-off panel too!!

Bonnie said...

I love this cat all fluffed up and ready to pounce! A fantastic alcohol ink background with the lifting technique!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, love the cat! These are fantastic, Julia!

Christine Alexander said...

your cat looks amazing in your AI background, I always love seeing the stamp off from the lift. Both cards are amazing ♥

Nancy said...

WOW! What a cool cat! I am utterly impressed right now! Love his eyes and the second card too! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Darlene said...

WOW Great job Julia! I haven't used this technique in years ... thanks for the inspiration! Isn't it great when you get a 'twofer' like this! Both are FABULOUS! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Two Old Bats challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
TWO OLD BATS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Just a friendly reminder that our new STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE is open and ready to see your stenciled creations. Hope you’ll come join in the fun!

papierelle said...

The effect of the technique is stunning.
I hope our cats don't scare me so much on Halloween... *laugh*

Fran Wing said...

Hello, Julie! That's a very interesting technique and perfect for your little scaredy cat! I haven't experimented yet with alcohol inks - too many techniques, too little time! Thank you for participating with us at Two Old Bats. Xoxo, Fran/DT