Saturday, October 8, 2022

Gather Together

 I love fall with the beautiful change of color in the leaves and all the variations of colors in the pumpkins and gourds available at the Farm Stands here in New England.  Today I got out a new purchase, the fun Pumpkin Duo Colorize dies from Tim Holtz/Sizzix to create this card.


A few weeks ago I made a stack of the pumpkins using the dies and got them out to make this card today

I had made panels of orange and green colors by smooshing a piece of water color paper into a mix of oranges and browns Distress Ink on my craft mat spritzed with water and then doing the same using greens and browns. (sorry I didn't write down the colors I had used) Then I die cut the pieces for each pumpkin and assembled them.

I love buying the blue, grey and bumpy pumpkins for my steps every fall!

I'm linking my card to:

I was inspired by all of the pumpkins!


I was inspired by the pumpkins on the wall



Stamps: Mini Strips Harvest - Taylored Expressions
Paper: water color - Canson Cold Press, White - PTI, DP Wood Textures Craft Papers - The Craft Consortium
Ink: orange, green and brown Ranger Distress Inks, Cocoa Bean - PTI
Accessories: Pumpkin Duo Colorize Dies - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Mini Strips Die - Taylored Expressions, enamel dots - Altenew, foam dots

13 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous fall card, Julia!! Just love the layered pumpkins atop the woodplank background & the texture of the smooshed watercolor paper is gorgeous!!

SmilynStef said...

fabulous ink smooshy pumpkins

Bonnie said...

What a great blend of pumpkins and a gourd, Julia! I love the way you've colored them and the wood background!

~amy~ said...

Julia, such a beautiful fall inspired design. Love that sentiment. So fun seeing you link up to the Inspired by Challenge. Hope all is well!

Susan said...

What wonderful colours on the pumpkins! The wood dp is the perfect background for them.

Loll said...

LOVE your fabulous pumpkins and gourds ... especially against the wood planks background. So cool! xx

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful fall card, Julia!

papierelle said...

Your pumpkins look amazing!!! And the wooden background goes perfectly with it. This is how you can imagine an autumn decoration.
Maybe you would also like to show your card in the current challenge at DotMCC. Our theme: Carve a pumpkin day
https://dayofthemonthcardclub.blogspot.com/2022/10/44-carve-pumpkin-day.html

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful pumpkins, the colours give so much dimension and love your board background ♥

HilaryJane said...

Those smooshed papers make perfect lumpy pumpkins, such great texture. they look fabulous against the woodgrain too xx

Laurel said...

This is gorgeous! Love the background it's perfect for those pumpkins! Thanks for playing at IB!

Birgit said...

What a wonderful fall card! Thanks so much for linking up to the Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you!

I Card Everyone said...

Just love how you've smooshed the color onto these fabulous pumpkins, Julia! and aren't those Craft Consortium papers the best? Such a great Thanksgiving card - pumpkins aren't just for Halloween anymore!
=]