Monday, November 8, 2021

Thanksgiving Treat Box

 This month Eileen Hull's Inspiration Team is using her dies to create seasonal projects for fall, Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I have made a Thanksgiving treat box for everyone's place at the table using Eileen's Box Ornament die as well as the leaves from her older Journaling Cards: Flowers and Leaves thinlit dies.  

The box is 3" high x 3" wide x 2" deep.  

(I got the sweet milking stool at Michaels half price a few weeks ago.)



Front and side view
Back and side view

Here are a few creation photos.
I took a 6"x6" piece of Silver Aluminum Metal Adhesive Backed Sheets by Sizzix and adhered it to a 6" x 6" piece of white card to make it sturdy.  
Then I applied Alcohol inks in Cloudy Blue and Caramel using a felt pad and applicator.
I die cut the sheet using the leaf die from Eileen's older Journaling cards thinlits.  
After choosing the DP (Ink Drops: Vivid 6x6 pad from Craft Consortium) shown below on the circles, I realized I wanted to add a little Wild Plum Alcohol Ink to the leaves to pull out the gold and purple colors in the paper.
I adhered the circles to the box piece of the Box Ornament using Scortape
I die cut the DP with a 3" circle die that perfectly matched the ornament die cut 
(easier than trying to cut a piece of DP to just cut the circle on the Bigz die) .  
I cut 2 pieces of the DP  2" x 1 3/4" to cover the sides of the box

The leaves and sentiment strip are all popped up on foam dots.  
I trimmed of just a tad off the circles along the bottom so the box would stand and not roll!
A pretty treat box for the Thanksgiving table in rather non-traditional colors for fall.

Please visit Eileen's blog every Wednesday this month for lots of holiday inspiration using many of her Sizzix dies!


I'm linking my project to:

The Paper Players


Path of Positivity Challenge


Water Cooler Wednesday




Stamps:  Mini Strips - Harvest - Taylored Expressions
Ink:  Cocoa Bean - Papertrey Ink, Alcohol Inks - Cloudy Blue - Ranger, Caramel and Wild Plum - Adirondack.
Paper:  Little Sizzles Matboard - Sizzix, white card stock - Papertrey Ink, Aluminum Metal Sheets Adhesive Backed - Silver - Sizzix,  DP Craft Papers - Ink Drops Vivid - Craft Consortium.
Accessories:  Box Ornament Die, Journaling Cards: Flowers and Leaves Thinlit die - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, 3" Nestability Circle die, Mini Strips Die - Taylored Expressions,  foam dots.

8 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Julia, this is so fabulous! The blended ink circles are so pretty! I love the shades you used. The leaves are just gorgeous! What a beautiful treat box for the table! This will make someone very happy! Thank you for joining my challenge this week and The Paper Players!

papierelle said...

I still have a lot of practice to get my results looking great with the alcohol inks.

ScrappyHorses said...

Wow, how beautiful this will look on your holiday table! Those leaves are gorgeous ~ colors, textures!! And your ink techniques are amazing! So happy you shared this beauty with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Loll said...

Beautiful treat box for your Thanksgiving place settings, Julia! Love the shape of this adorable container. The colours are so bright and beautiful with the pretty paper covers and the gorgeous alcohol inked leaves. Great work, my friend! xx

Bonnie said...

This treat box is a real treat, Julia! Your Thanksgiving table is going to be extra special with these!

eileen hull said...

Wow Julia- the colors are so rich and fall-ish! Great tip on cutting off the bottom of the circle so the box stands flat :-) <3

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great treat box Julia - I love those rich colours! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Great tutorial! Such a pretty effect - it makes me want to pull out my inks!