Wednesday, November 3, 2021

November CAS Christmas Card Challenge - Christmas Critters

Welcome to November and, yes, we have just one month to get our Christmas cards done and in the mail!  If that scares you - then please join in and create a card (or 10?!) for this months CAS Christmas Card Challenge!    Barb is our illustrious host this month and she is asking us to use Christmas Critters on our cards.  

What is a Christmas Critter you ask?   Well, Barb says this: 

"Rummage through your stash for your kittens and pups or penguins, mice, or bunnies...or whatever critter you love to feature on your holiday cards! Add a Santa hat or a candy cane and your fabulous CAS cardmaking skills, then share it with us here." 

So for my card I used a Christmas Critter from the woods - this beautiful fox who is all dressed up in his Christmas/Winter scarf -  which cannot be red because then some human may see him in the woods and try to do him harm.

The fox  and branch are from a stamp set released a year or so ago, but new to me, called Into the Woods by Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous.   The sentiment is from one of Tim's older sets called Crazy Talk.   The fox just stamps in a solid color, so I used a white Stabilo Pencil to accent his tail, chest and muzzle and I doodled around the edges of some of his body using a Micron 01 Fine Tip Black Pen.  
I made his scarf from a scrap of white cheese cloth I found in my craft room.  I spritzed it with Rusty Hinge Distress Spray Stain, folded it in half and adhered it over his neck.  I also added Nuvo Crystal drops around the branch.

My card base is Prairie Grass Cardstock, not white but it is open space for CAS!

So come on and join us over at CAS Christmas Card Challenge where you will find lots of Christmas Critter inspiration from the rest of the Design Team as well as our creative November Guest Designer Valerie (Le Scrap de Vava)




Stamps:  Into the Woods, Crazy Talk - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous.
Paper:  White, Prairie Grass - PTI
Ink:  Obsidian - Altenew, Canyon Clay - PTI.
Accessories:  White Stabilo Pencil, Micron 01 Fine Tip Pen Sakura, Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss Simply White, Rusty Hinge Distress Spray Stain - Ranger, white cheese cloth.

19 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

How beautiful this is! The scarf accentuates the chill of winter wind all the more. I love this card!

Pat said...

I love this fox with his winter scarf Julia and he looks great on the green card, and finished with the sentiment and a branch with the added white berries which finishes it brilliantly. x

Christine Alexander said...

I love, love, love his winter scarf :) awesome CAS card xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Your fox looks so handsome, Julia, especially with his custom-made scarf!! Your coloring and the color combo make this card so special. Love this unique and creative CAS Christmas critter card!
Hideko xx

Loll said...

Such a beautiful image of a fox, Julia. You have coloured him to perfection! Love the added shading and outlining --- great work! And I LOVE the died cheese cloth scarf. So creative and fun. xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous and unique! Love that scarf!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW!! I absolutely LOVE this card Julia! That fox image is so cool and you've colored him beautifully! CAS perfection my friend...love it!! Hugs. :0)

Susan said...

What a fabulous card! I love the fox with his cheesecloth scarf, and the way you've grounded him on the sentiment. Beautiful colouring of him too! The green card base is terrific - much more interesting than a white one would have been.

Bonnie said...

This awesome fox looks like he's stopped to admire the pretty twig decorated with the white berries! The cheesecloth is a brilliant idea! Love the added texture!

Barb Ghig said...

Your fox is absolutely stunning, Julia! I love how you used your white pencil and black pen to add depth and dimension and how you created the scarf for the fox...so clever! Once again, you have created a really stunning Christmas card and finished it beautifully! xx

Colleen said...

Julia, I am so glad the fox is camouflaged with the same color scarf (which is fantastic and I love how it appears to be blowing behind him as he runs through the forest ! this is an amazing card!

Mac Mable said...

Now that's a unique and creative idea Julia to have the fox in his colour co-ordinated scarf. I love the fox, I love the 'green' card base and I love this card x.

Trina P. said...

What a handsome looking fox. The cheesecloth scarf is so cool and creative… gives such great movement. Fabulous card.

Cathy said...

Your fox looks amazing Julia, love how you've highlighted parts of him and the scarf was a brilliant idea, Cathy x

Valérie said...

Wow I love your fox with its scarf. So elegant! Love it! Thank you for having me as a Guest Designer this month!

Viv said...

Love this card Julia. x

Fran Wing said...

Julia, I LOVE this card with your fox and his knit scarf blowing in the winter wind! xoxo, Fran

A.Rose said...

Such motion you have created with this card. The scarf, the tree and the way the fox is pushing forward.

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

I *love* this one!!