Monday, November 15, 2021

CAS Christmas Card Challenge - Mid Month Reminder - Christmas Critters

 I'm here today to share my mid month reminder card for the November CAS Christmas Challenge - this is our last challenge for 2021 - we take a break during December and will return in January 2022 to start all over again!  

Host Barb's theme is Christmas Critters and here is my card. 
 
I used another critter from the set I used on my first card for November - Into the Woods.   
This time I used the moose and the tall thin pine tree that I stamped once in black and then off stamped to the left and right of the first stamping without reinking.  I added little die cut tree light bulbs from the older Tree-Rex die by Cheery Lynn Designs to his antlers and a white star to the tree as Mr. Moose is celebrating the season in style!  I also added some snow using a white POSCA Fine Tip Pen - taping the end of it with a heavy plastic ruler to get this fine splatter.
The sentiment is from Simple Strips Christmas, cut with Simple Strips Die, both  by Taylored Expressions and it's up on foam dots.

We'd love to see your Christmas Critters!   You have until 11/24 to link up your CAS designs!  You'll find the challenge here.


Stamps:  Into the Woods - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous, Simple Strips: Christmas - Taylored Expressions
Ink:  Obsidian - Altenew.
Paper:  White, Fine Linen - PTI
Accessories:  Simple Strips Die - Taylored Expressions, tree light bulbs and star from Tree-Rex Die - Cheery Lynn Designs, foam dots, White POSCA Fine Tip Paint Pen.

12 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Julia this is an amazing masculine card, love the colour palate and that wonderful moose with the lights wrapped in his antlers :)

Bonnie said...

Love this rustic scene, Julia! This is a stately moose and I love how he's decked out for the holidays! Great job on the splattered snow!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Awesome moose card, Julia! Love that you added the bright tree light bulbs to him. He does look like he's celebrating the season and having fun! The stamped off fir trees definitely add depth to the scene!
Hideko xx

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

You are so good at CAS! Love this - especially since I saw my first real live moose this year!

Loll said...

Great design with your tall tree in first, second and third generation stamping. Adds so much depth to the image! And the moose looks all ready to celebrate Christmas with the lights in his antlers. :) xx

Susan said...

Great rustic scene! Love the trees with some stamped off. The moose is fabulous with the Christmas lights on his antlers. A great card that I'd like to CASE!

Barb Ghig said...

Your moose and trees are fabulous, Julia! I love that you chose Kraft for your background...it makes your snowy sky perfect! Great idea to use colorful light bulbs for your design, too! Awesome Christmas card ~ xx

Marcia Hill said...

AWESOME card Julia!! I love the grouping of trees and Mr. Moose all dressed up in his Christmas finery, and of course all that splattered snow too! It's been wonderful working alongside you again this year on the CAS team and I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving and very merry Christmas!! Hugs. :0)

Colleen said...

Julia, I love your moose with all the wonderful Christmas lights on his antlers! And the trio of trees is fabulous too! Amazing critter card!

Mac Mable said...

Such a contemporary and unique card and I love it x.

Trina P. said...

What a beautiful masculine card. The lights on the moose is so fun. Great use of generation stamping for the tree to create this winter scene.

Brenda in IN said...

Your forest with the stamped off trees is so pretty. The moose all decorated is so fun and the soft neutral colors are so perfect for a winter day.