Monday, October 18, 2021

Eileen Hull's Chapter 4 Dies - Heart Mandala used for a Pocket Posy

Today I have a card to share using Eileen Hulls new Heart Mandala die from Sizzix.
And instead of using it as a full Mandala, I cut it in half, folded the edges in and made a sweet Pocket Posy!
Here's a brief view of how I made my pocket posy.  I die cut the Heart Mandala and cut it in half 
(so now I can make two pocket posies!)
I scored the inside edge of the outside panels and folded them in, creasing with a bone folder making sure the centers lined up neatly.
I sprayed the pocket with Speckled Egg Ranger Distress Oxide Spray, inside and outside. 
 I use a pizza box lined with computer paper whenever I spray something to help contain the spray!
I die cut flowers and leaves from Designer Paper using Eileen's older Stitchy Flowers and Leaf Die set.
I adhered the back of the pocket to a square of the same DPI used for the flowers.  I layered the flowers with foam dots to make them dimensional.  I adhered the flowers and leaves inside the pocket and tied it closed with a piece a twine, hiding the knot behind a little punched heart.  I added Teal Crystals to the centers.  I adhered the whole thing to a card base cut with an older Noted:Scalloped Square die from Papertrey Ink.  I splattered gold over the card using a fine tip paint marker taping it with a plastic ruler.

This card measures 3 3/4" x3 5/8".
I think it would make a lovely card for a birthday, get well or just saying hello!


Please check out Eileen's Blog each Wednesday this month as she posts inspiration from her Design Teams using all of her new Chapter 4 dies and embossing folder

Are you a member of the Eileen Hull Fan Club? Join over 5,ooo other members to share ideas, inspiration, sources, challenges and make some fabulous friends – make sure to answer the questions! Watch her Facebook Lives at Eileen Hull Designs on Tuesdays at 6:00 Eastern and Thursdays at 4:00 to for project ideas, techniques, inspiration and creative community. Additionally, you can also find Eileen on FacebookInstagram and Pinterest.


Paper:  White Linen - Ellen Hutson, DP Craft Papers Ink Drops Earth - Craft Consortium.
Accessories:  Heart Mandala Die, Stitchy Flowers and Leaf Die - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Noted: Scalloped Square Die - Papertrey Ink,  Speckled Egg Ranger Distress Oxide Spray, Fine Tip Gold Paint Marker - Top Notch, foam dots, heart Punch - McGill, Brown Twine, Teal Crystals - Prima

6 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous colour combination, sweet pocket posy and I love how you used the heart mandala. Very striking card Julia x.

Christine Alexander said...

so clever using the partial mandala and the flowers XX

Bonnie said...

Another awesome posy holder, Julia! Love these papers and the lacy heart basket! I can't decide whether I like this better than the Autumn posy holder or not! Guess it's a tie!

Loll said...

So beautiful and creative, Julia! LOVE your posy pocket that is just adorable in speckled egg. Filled with beautiful flowers and a lovely background, this card would brighten anyone's day! xx

Brenda in IN said...

This is so pretty, Julia. I love this and it made a stunning card.

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Such a great use of the mandala! Can't wait to try it myself!