Sunday, October 3, 2021

October CAS Christmas Card Challenge - Gray and Red

 Welcome to October and also to the newest CAS Christmas Card Challenge.  Marcia is our hostess with the mostest this month and she wants us to use grey and red in our clean and simple creations!

I rummaged through my three boxes of Christmas stamps and dies and pulled out Christmas Critters - an older set from Papertrey Ink that I think I've only used twice - so way past time to ink it up again!  

I went REALLY CAS this month - a no layer card accept for the sequins!  These are such great colors for Christmas designs.


We are really getting down to the wire here folks, for needing our Christmas cards to be made, so we hope you will get out your red and grey inks and papers and link up your CAS creation over at the CAS Christmas Card Challenge blog!   You will find lots of inspiration from the rest of the team as well as our talented (and well known) Guest Designer Darnell!





Stamps: Christmas Critters and Christmas Critters Sentiment Stamp Set - PaperTrey Ink.
Paper: White - PTI
Ink: Pure Poppy, True Black - PTI, Limestone - Altenew
Accessories: Spring Sequins - Honey Bee Stamps.

20 comments:

Pam Sparks said...

So cute!

Colleen said...

Julia, I pulled that stamp out also, but I didn't use it this time...but I still may just to get another card for the stash. that is a cute mouse and I do love how clean and simple and cute it is!

LeAnne said...

SO SO cute, I just love this!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Just adorable. That mouse with the red bow! Love it 😊

Pat said...

I love that Christmas poem and the sweet little grey mouse looks so cute with the red candy cane and ribbon, and three lovely little clear sequins to finish. A super CAS card Julia. x

Marcia Hill said...

One of my favorite PTI sets Julia, and I absolutely LOVE how you did this one layer card and kept it SO simple, but yet absolutely ADORABLE!! Cute, CUTE card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

How adorable, Julia! This little gray mouse with the red candy cane makes a big impact!

Barb Ghig said...

Love your cute little mouse and your one-layer design is perfect, Julia! Such a sweet Christmas card ~ xx

Loll said...

Totally adorable, Julia! Love your one layer card with the fun mouse! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so cute and CAS perfect, Julia! Your light grey mouse with the red accents is so adorable! The shiny sequins are pretty finishing touches.
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

So adorable and brilliantly CAS! The clear sequins finished it off perfectly.

Susan said...

Adorable mouse - what a great idea for using the red and grey challenge!

Mac Mable said...

Such an adorable card, great sentiment and cute little mouse and a perfect CAS card Julia x.

Cathy said...

Such a cute little mouse with his stripey candy Julia! Love the added bling it adds to the festive feel on this fun card, Cathy x

Christine Alexander said...

what a perfectly CAS card, your little mouse is adorable and the candy cane just tops it off.
I'm now back from Wales (it was a good trip for me ) and just catching up with my commenting :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh my, Julia - that mouse is just the cutest! Perfect for Marcia's theme!!

Liz Williams said...

Such a cute and perfect CAS, Julia! I was so happy to run across this Christmas CAS challenge this week, and to find some familiar faces here!! I will make it a point to add this to my weekly challenges I check out and participate in. I am always looking for great CAS ideas for Christmas cards when I always seem to need more than I have made!!

Darnell said...

I mean, a gray mouse with a red ribbon bow and carrying a r/w striped candy cane by his tail?! What could be cuter for a gray and red prompt?? Well done with your CASlicious design, sis, and thank you for the shoutout! Hugs, Darnell

AlisonC said...

So cute, anyone would love this. It's perfect!

Greta said...

Very cute & such a great use of the colors, Julia!