Saturday, January 19, 2019

Twofer Birds

I'm trying once again, to join in on Darnell's Twofer Challenge -  these are SO challenging for me!
I participated today in the Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge which was Etsy Birdhouses and created this card using a bird stencil inspired by this pillow.
So I said to myself - 'Self - this could be used for the Twofer challenge!  How can I use this in another design?"    
I got out different color inks and a different sentiment and created this card.
So I used the same bird stencil, the same dots stencil, the same frame die and the same sequins -  but used different colors, more than one stenciled bird and a sympathy sentiment instead of an encouragement sentiment.  I did not pop up the outside frame piece on foam, which I did on the first blue card.   And I only stenciled the dots on the inside piece of the frame die cut on my 2nd card - I stenciled the dots over the whole panel on the blue card.

So here they are -  my Twofer
Oh, and I also turned my stencil over so the birds were flying a different way!
Sympathy                                                            Encouragement

I'm also linking my cards to:
CAS Stencil - Sponging

There are just a few more days for you to link up to either of these challenges so get cracking!
Stamps:  Walk by Faith - PTI, Simply Said Sympathy - Jillian Vance Designs
Ink:  Ranger Distress Wilted Violet, Victorian Velvet, Seedless Presserves, Weathered Wood, True Black - PTI
Paper:  Water color paper - Canson, white - PTI
Accessories:  Birds Stencil - Dina Wakley, Lots of Dots stencil - Wendy Vecchi/Stampers Anonymous, Winter Blend Sequins - Avery Elle, Pierced Feature Frames - PTI

14 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love your stenciled birds with the dotted backgrounds, Julia! Two great designs!

nancy littrell said...

Two beautiful stenciled bird cards, Julia. I love how you turned your stencil over to make the bird on the 2nd card fly a different way. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Christine Alexander said...

Great stencil scenes Julia, and I love the CAS backgrounds :)

Loll said...

Your stenciled bird looks beautiful in any colour, Julia! Great paired with the all-over dotty stenciled background. Two great sentiments for your cards! Thanks for playing with us at Twofer Card Challenge! xx

Mac Mable said...

Great colours for your stencilled birds and the dots look so pretty as the backgrounds. Two great cards x.

Redanne said...

The pillow was wonderful inspiration Julia and your cards are both beautiful. Hugs, Anne xx

Cathy said...

Great cards Julia, it's amazing where inspiration comes from sometimes! Great tip too to reverse the stencil for a change of direction, thankyou for playing along at CAS Stencil, Cathy x

oldpunca said...

Fabulous bird cards and amazing stenciling. I like dotted background on both cards.

Darnell said...

As a bird nerd, I loved that pillow, Julia! And I love the way you turned your stencil back to front to allow your birds to fly in both directions in two different colors! Love the dotty backgrounds and sentiments, too!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #12! Hugs, Darnell

Susan said...

Two terrific cards for the Twofer challenge! Love the way you used the bird stencil on top of the dot stencil!

Barb Ghig said...

So, I said to myself, "Self" ~ I thought I was the only one who still does that! Thanks for making me smile, Julia :)

I LOVE how you played with your stencils to create two really beautiful cards! Your tiny dots in the background are perfect with this lovely bird and I love the clever way you flipped your stencil to face them in a different direction! So happy you joined us at CAS Stencil!

Anita in France said...

These softly stencilled birds are just lovely, Julia ... the tiny polka dots add interest yet don't distract from the sense of gentle movement on both designs! Super images for a sympathy card and for one of support with the verse! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Kara Lynne said...

I'm so glad you told yourself to make it a twofer! They are both lovely with your tiny dots and soaring birds! Each sentiment is a great companion to them too. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

JD/ Jill said...

two beautiful cards with great designs!