Friday, January 25, 2019

Papertrey Ink January Blog Hop

Today I'm participating in the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop and here is our inspiration this month.
 I was inspired to create a birthday card using the December Freebie Set - Your Beautiful Birthday.  
I was inspired by the layers of the cake, the colors of the flowers and the black/white patterns.
I brushed water over a panel of watercolor paper and then stamped the cake stand, the layers of the cake and the candles which gave it all a watery look.  I dried it with my heat tool and then stamped the sentiments over the cake using True Black Ink.  I cut the panel using Pierced Feature Frame - Ovals and layered it over a striped panel from Bitty Big True Black papers.  I layered the striped layer to a slightly larger metallic gold layer,  The outside of the oval frame is popped up on foam dots.

I'm off to the Papertrey Ink Blog to see how others were inspired by this photo today!  


Stamps:  December Freebie - Your Beautiful Birthday - PTI
Paper:  White, Bitty Big True Black papers - PTI, watercolor paper - Canson, Metallic Gold - Foiled Card Stock Stack DCWV.
Ink:  True Black, Sweet Blush, Spring Rain - PTI
Accessories:  Pierced Feature Frames: Ovals - PTI, foam dots, water, water brush, heat tool.

14 comments:

Linda said...

Julia, your cake is so pretty in that oval frame with the stripes behind and the tiny bit of gold. Lovely card.

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Really beautiful Julia. I like that little gold border. You have really done justice to the inspiration photo. Cheers.

Marcia Hill said...

What an elegant and lovely, lovely card Julia...love it!! :0)

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia your take on the inspiration is fabulous, I love that cake!

Helen F. said...

What a sweet birthday treat your card is, Julia! Beautifully interpreted from the Inspiration Photo.

Susan Watanabe said...

Yes, I see we’ve used the same December Freebie...it’s a versatile set. Your card is “spot-on”... love your BG (makes your BD cake pop)!

Wanda Cullen said...

You know what they say about great minds! I've really enjoyed playing with that cake stamp set and looks like you've rocked it as well! Love that oval pierced frame!

adele holcomb said...

That fun cake looks great in the oval; and I like the striped background.

Bonnie said...

Love your cake layers, Julia! This is a wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Joyce said...

What a fun way to recreate that cake. Such a beautiful card, and I love how you were able to incorporate black and gold into your design.

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful...love your cake in the oval and that striped background is fabulous.

Mac Mable said...

Love the watery look to your beautiful card and a great take on the inspiration photo. The stripes are very striking too x.

Susan said...

What a wonderful take on the inspiration photo! Love the black and white stripes and the way you did the sentiment on the cake!

Greta said...

Love how you used the inspiration photo for your beautiful BD card! I haven't inked up that set yet, but you make me want to!