Sunday, January 13, 2019

Blue and Silver Winter Wishes

Today I'm playing along with two of Loll and Bonnie's CAS Challenges.
 I believe I hit both challenges with one card!
I added silver Stickles to the tree (seen better on the photo below) and adhered the watercolor panel to a slightly larger metallic silver panel.  
The sentiment sticker (Metallic Stickers Holiday Talk/Idea-ology) is silver on black.
I placed my tree stamp (Christmas Glow from Penny Black - a purchase made after seeing Loll's beautiful card here) in my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform, inked it with Ranger Distress Salty Ocean, spritzed it with water and pressed it onto a panel of watercolor card.  I dried it with my heat tool and added dots of Silver Ice Stickles and the sentiment sticker.

This could be used for either a Christmas Card or a winter note - depending on what I stamp on the inside!

I love the watery look of inking the stamp this way - now I need to try it with just straight inking to see how much detail it shows!

Stamps:  Christmas Glow - Penny Black
Paper:  white - PTI, Pewter Mirror Paper - Michaels
Ink:  Ranger Distress Salty Ocean
Accessories:  Silver Ice Stickles, Metallic Stickers Holiday Talk - Idea-ology, water mister, stamp platform - Tim Holtz/Tonic.





12 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Julia! I love the image you used and after I saw Loll's card using it, I put the stamp in my shopping cart too...then took it off because I had way too many other stamps in the cart already...then added it back again and now it's still sitting in the cart...grrrr! Too many stamps and not enough time or money for them all! But anyway, LOVE how you got the water color effect with the DI and then added all the pretty silver "ornaments"! BEAUTIFUL card!! :0)

Susan said...

Wonderful use of that beautiful stamp! Love it done in blue with the silver stickles and the silver border. A great card for the CAS Christmas challenge.

Christine Alexander said...

your tree looks wonderful in blue, love the simplicity of the colour Julia. Loll, enable me to buy this one. Love it and thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Colleen said...

Fantastic tree all glittery and blue! Thank you for sharing this at CAS Christmas.

Loll said...

LOVE that beautiful tree done in blue, Julia. The silver stickles add lots of glittery goodness. xx

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, Julia, Jo x

Bonnie said...

This tree is gorgeous, Julia! I love all the watery blue tree and the silver that decorates it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour and CAS Christmas!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautiful blue Christmas tree, Julia! The silver Stickles are a lovely finishing touch!
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

Lovely card, Julia. The tree stamped in blue is so fun. The Stickles give beautiful sparkle and texture, Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas. x

Mac Mable said...

Such an artsy and unique effect. Fabulous water colouring with the stamping and spritzing with water. Gorgeous card x

Redanne said...

Hand on heart Julia, that is one of the most beautiful Christmas cards I have ever seen - that stamp is wonderful and I just adore the lovely watercolour effect you have achieved. A stunning card! Hugs, Anne xx

akmoose said...

So glad you used that stamp. It was the one penny black stamp this chirstmas that I did not get...but really liked. I may now have to get it!! Love your blue version of it!! --(also, thanks for your comment on my stencil blog) . :)