Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Eileen Hull New Sizzix Treasure Box Die!

I'm excited to share with you today Eileen's new Sizzix Treasure Box Die just revealed at Creativation in Phoenix AZ!
I made a travel trunk for my first project using these versatile new die.
First all the pieces needed were die cut out of matboard.
I measured and cut panels of Kraft Metallic Paper to wrap around the box and the cover, and embossed them using Tim Holtz 3D Texture Fade Foundry Embossing Folder - spritzing the paper with water before embossing to obtain a good deep impression.  Then I adhered all the panels to the box sides, bottom and cover.
I colored the die cut handle pieces with a black Tombow Marker.  I die cut 'wander' for the cover and 'travel' for inside the cover, (seen further below), from Eileens Journaling words set.
I curled the handle pieces a little bit over my finger so they wouldn't lay flat against the box.  I pierced a hole on the ends of both handles and  on the sides of the box where I wanted the handles and attached them with long brads.
I colored the edges of the box that showed white with a Pale Sepia Copic
To finish off the edge along the top of the cover and bottom of the box, I ran glue along the edges and pressed jute string into the area.  The photo below shows the cover edge.
The photo below shows jute string along the bottom edge. (box is upside down!)
I decided to add some lace along the top edge of the box and cover.
(I later decided to change the paper lining of the box and cover - you'll see the changes below)

Finished views:   I adhered an Idea-ology Ornate Plate to the front of the box - adding a stamped gold embossed BOSTON panel in the opening (since I live 12 miles north of Boston!)
I added metal hinges that I had in my stash rather than using the matboard die cut ones.
I attached a handle on each side of the 'trunk'.
I die cut 'wander' and 'travel' out of Black Paper Leather using Eileen's Journaling Words dies.
The tag was cut with Eileen's Credit Card Sleeves and Tag dies.
Here you see the paper I decided to use on the inside rather than what I started out with
(design is an ongoing process right?! and changes are made mid construction!)
My finished Treasure Box disguised as a Travel Trunk!
Please check out Eileen's blog all of January for more inspiration from Eileen's Inspiration Team using these fun new dies!

Stamps:  Karen Foster Snap Alphabet Stamps (retired)
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Matboard, Black Leather Paper - Sizzix, Kraft Metallic Paper, Paperstash Tidings and Etcetera - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, True Black - PapertreyInk.
Accessories:  Treasure Box Die, Journal Words, Credit Card Sleeves and Tag - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, 3D Texture Fade Foundry Embossing Folder - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, hinges - Making Memories, Long Fasteners, Ornate Plates, Jute String - Idea-ology, Black Tobow Marker, Pale Sepia Copic YR24, Gold Embossing Powder - Ranger, water mister, Victoria Lace - SU, Tombow Glue, ScorTape, black/white Bakers Twine, foam dots.

9 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

It's another great die from Eileen, and I love your golden shimmering version!
Alison x

deb musick said...

I love what you have done here. The embossing adds so much and I think the finished inside is lovely!

Christine Alexander said...

Julia what a great box, your embossed surface looks amazing :)

Redanne said...

Such a fabulous die Julia, you are making me want to get it now! Love how you decorated your box, it looks stunning in the metallic. Hugs, Anne xx

Bonnie said...

WOW! What an awesome treasure box, Julia! The embossed metallic paper makes this extra special!

nancy littrell said...

You are an Amazing paper crafter, Julia! I loved reading about all your steps with wonderful photos. Your travel trunk turned out beautifully. Hugs..Nancy

Mac Mable said...

Stunning and unique travel trunk. So creative and loving the embossing on it, the bling and the string around the edge. A stunning creation x.

Loll said...

AMAZING, my friend! This is a very special treasure box. I am always blown away with your 3-D projects. Your gold embossed panels are just perfect. Thanks for the tip about wetting the paper a little to get a deeper impression. Every detail is impeccable, Julia! I love that your travel trunk has a Boston destination. :) xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a precious treasure box, Julia! It's gorgeous inside and out! I love all the details. Your 3D projects are a treat for the eyes!
Hideko xx