Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Wishing You Peace and Joy

I have two Christmas cards to share today.

I created my positive and negative backgrounds using Tim Holtz Cracked Embossing Folder.  I sponged Antarctic Fresco Finish Chalk Paint over one side of the inside of my embossing folder, spritzed heavily with water and pressed a panel of watercolor paper into it and rubbed over it for a minute or two to be sure the watery ink absorbed into the paper.  I removed the panel and washed the EF.  I used the same technique on the other side of the EF.  

I thought the light blue paint made a rather artistic snowy background for my stamping of Tim Holtz Scribble Woodland stamps.

I'm linking my cards to:
Embossing Folder, Acrylic Paint, stamping, Clear Glitter Wink of Stella




Stamps:  Scribble Woodland - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous
Ink:  Hero Hues Black, Ranger Distress Oxide Stormy Sky.
Paper:  Water color paper - Canson, White and Blueberry Sky - PTI
Accessories:  Cracked Embossing Folder - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Antarctic Fresco Finish Chalk Paint - Paper Artsy, water Mister, Clear Glitter Wink of Stella.

7 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful background for your stamp Julia, I love the positive and the negative options for your cards :)

Loll said...

This embossing folder made beautiful stamped backgrounds, Julia. The colour is just perfect and the stamped image over top looks amazing in the same shades of blue. A very elegant and beautiful set of cards. xx

Susan said...

What a great technique for creating a wintery sky - love it! Also love monochromatic colour scheme - beautiful!

Mac Mable said...

Love your choice of colour of the acrylic paint for the wonderful background with the embossing folder technique and loving the stamping in the blue with that fabulous stamp x. Fabulous cards, both of them x.

Bonnie said...

Two beautiful peaceful scenes, Julia! I love the rustic look and both ways of stamping with the embossing folder!

nancy littrell said...

Two gorgeous positive and negative EB folder backgrounds for your softly stamped Winter scene images, Julia. TFS both cards. Hugs..and Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. Hugs.. Nancy

Daria said...

Your cards are beautiful. Thank you for sharing them.