Monday, November 19, 2018

Winter Wonderland - Eileen Hull's Dies for the Holidays

This month members of Eileen Hull's Inspiration Team are creating holiday decorations using a variety of Eileen's Sizzix dies.
Today, I have a project using her fun Cupcake Stand and Pennant die, using the pennant piece to make trees!
First I cut out all the pieces from Little Sizzles Matboard.  Then I cut out pieces from patterned papers to adhere to the matboard.
I was thinking I'd use little bottle brush trees for my scene, but then, when I was looking at the pennants they suddenly looked like trees to me!
I colored the "trees" by smooshing them onto my craft mat where I had rubbed some Distress Inks (Shabby Shutters and Evergreen Bough) and spritzed them with water.
I kept pouncing the "trees" into the inks until I was happy with the coverage.
and I inked them on both sides.
Here are the three trees - all inked and folded in half and glued
I wanted the top of the stand to look snowy and so I got out my Frantage Shabby White embossing powder.  I rubbed Versamark just over a portion of the top using a small round sponge to keep it 'snow like' and not in straight lines, sprinkled on the powder and hit it with my heat tool.
I love the lumps and pieces of gold in the Frantage  powders.
Then, I just had to glue the legs under the top of the Cupcake Stand, and glue the trees and little 
Idea-ology deer to the top.  I sponged Walnut Stain Distress Ink over the edges of the trees, the edges of the table and legs as well as rubbing some on the deer.
I added a Metallic Stickers/Holiday Talk to each side of the table.
It's fun to see if you can use a die for a different purpose than it was intended for!  
Please check out Eileen's blog all this month for creative ideas for the holidays using her dies!

Paper:  White Little Sizzles Matboard - Sizzix, Paper Stash/Tidings - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology.
Ink:  Ranger Distress Shabby Shutters, Evergreen Bough, Walnut Stain,  Versamark.
Accessories:  Cupcake Stand and Pennant - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Decorative Deer, Metallic Stickers/Holiday Talk - Idea-ology, heat tool, craft mat, water mister, sponge and sponge applicator - Ranger, Frantage Shabby White Embossing Powder - Stampendous, Tombow Glue.

7 comments:

Redanne said...

You have created a wonderful wintry scene Julia, the stand is such a useful die too! Hugs, Anne xx

Christine Alexander said...

great winter scene Julia, and that cupcake stand would be perfect for any season :)

Loll said...

Very artsy Christmas decoration, Julia! You are to clever and creative to come up with this wonderful way to use the cake stand. LOVE the papers you've used ... and that snow on top is AWESOME! Using pennants as trees also very clever ... they worked perfectly. Great winter scene! xx

Bonnie said...

Wow! What a wonderful winter wonderland, Julia!

Mac Mable said...

You are so creative and what a unique and glorious project and yes great to see what we can use dies for in different ways. Thank you for the inspiration x.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a creative winter Wonderland project, Julia! Using the cupcake stand and the pennant die-cuts this way is so brilliant! Thank you so much for sharing the step-by-step tutorials with pictures. It's always so interesting, informative and fun to see them.
Hideko xx

eileen hull said...

Such a great way to use this die Julia and those trees were a stroke of genius!