Saturday, May 12, 2018

Rustic Nativity

Another Christmas card for the box!
I die cut the stable and Holy Family out of Birch Bark Wrapping paper that I bought last Christmas season at Pier 1 Imports (LOVE THIS PAPER!!).  I embossed the images in black and layered them onto a cream Bazzill card base using foam dots.  I die cut the big star our of gold paper and added 3 little wooden stars.  The Nativity stamps and  Holy Couple, barn and star dies are from Simon Says Stamp.

I'm linking my card to:
and I made it rustic for the Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers where we were to be inspired by the Vineyard Market web site - I was inspired by this Nativity.
Stamps:  Nativity - Simon Says Stamp, For Unto You - Wordsworth
Paper:  Cream Bazzill, Gold - DCWV Paper Pad, Birch Bark Wrapping Paper - Pier 1
Ink: Versamark, Hero Hues Black
Accessories:  Wow Black Embossing Powder, Holy Couple and Barn Dies - Simon Says Stamp, wood veneer stars - The Paper Studio/Hobby Lobby, foam dots, Tombow Glue.

13 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What a gorgeous card!!!

Christine Alexander said...

So pretty Julia, love the image :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous Nativity, Julia! Just love the birch bark paper!! So glad you could join us at Merry Monday!!

nancy littrell said...

Simply beautiful nativity scene, Julia. I love your birch bark paper and your sentiment. TFS my friend. Hugs..

Andrea MacTrinh said...

Lovely nativity scene. Great Christmas card.

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful Nativity scene for your card, Julia! Love that paper and I'm hoarding mine. I just can't bear to cut into it yet. It certainly is perfect for the stable!

Susan said...

Love the rustic simplicity of that Nativity scene - and what fabulous paper! Those three little wooden stars are a perfect embellishment.

Mac Mable said...

That paper that you have used looks fabulous with the wonderful scene that you have created. Absolutely love this card...perfect x

Linda said...

Such a pretty Nativity Scene with the bright star overhead. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Marcia Hill said...

CAS perfection Julia!! I love the fact that you used wrapping paper for your images...fabulous idea! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card with a lovely design. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Rosemary said...

gorgeous take on the inspiration!! love the way you brought in the woodgrain from the photo!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Julia. I LOVE the image and it looks amazing cut from birch bark paper. What a great find that was! :) Congrats on your honorable mention at MM! xx