Sunday, May 6, 2018

Hang In There

I was looking through my stencils for a chevron stencil the other day - and although I didn't find it -  I did find this beautiful rainbow stencil from Stencil Girls and knew it would be perfect for the May CAS Watercolor card challenge!
It's a large stencil - so this card is 6"x6" and will probably get hand delivered unless I can find an envelope to fit it in!  I've had the stencil for a while but have not used it yet - so I was glad to get it out!

I laid my stencil over a piece of watercolor paper and then sprinkled (in rainbow color order!) over the stencil with Brushos in Scarlet, Orange, Yellow, Leaf Green, Turquoise and Purple.  Then I spritzed over the stencil with water to activate the colors.  The more you spritz, the more they blend - so I stopped spritzing when I had the look I wanted and carefully removed the stencil.   The stencil is designed with these drippy ends - the perfect look for my watercolor rainbow!

The sentiment is from Ways to Say: Get Well Soon by PTI.  This card would work for someone who is ill or someone going through a rough patch.

I don't use watercolor techniques too often - so I like to try and participate in the CAS Watercolor challenge to inspire me to do it more!  And there's always lots of inspiration from the Design Team!

Also linking to:


Stamps:  Ways to Say: Get Well Soon - PTI
Paper:  Water color paper - Canson, Royal Velvet - PTI.
Ink:  Hero Hues Black
Accessories:  Rainbow stencil - Stencil Girls, Brushos Scarlet, Orange, Yellow, Leaf Green, Turquoise, Purple, water mister.

11 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...love this card Julia!! And what a perfect stencil you found to use for this challenge! I love the idea too of using your Brusho's to create your rainbow...why did I never think of that?!! Your colors blended so beautifully and I just love the "drippy" ends...absolutely FABULOUS for using water colours!! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

Dotty Jo said...

Looks amazing! Jo x

Christine Alexander said...

so cool, I love that stencil and great watercolouring. Absolutely perfect for the challenge :)

Mac Mable said...

That stencil is so perfect for the rainbow challenge. What a fantastic effect with those brusho's and no bleeding under the stencil...great job x.

Bonnie said...

What a fun rainbow and great blending of those colors, Julia! Love that stencil that's so perfect for the challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Redanne said...

Oh, I love that stencil, it looks amazing the way you used it - your card is fantastic! Hugs, Anne xx

Loll said...

LOVE your artsy watercoloured rainbow, Julia. What a great results using Brushos through the stencil. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Susan said...

Great idea to use brushos for your rainbow - love the rich colours and the irregular shapes to the rainbow. Thanks so much for making a card for CAS Watercolour.

nancy littrell said...

I Love your more earthy rainbow colors and really cool rainbow stencil, Julia. The perfect sentiment for your image. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, lovely - that's a great stencil, and I love your Brusho rainbow colours, muted yet glowing.
Alison x

BożenA said...

Your interpretation of the rainbow is stunning. It's a very beautiful card.
Thank you for playing with us in Happy Little Watercolor Stampers.
BożenA DT HLS