Saturday, September 7, 2024

Inkspirational #324 - Designer's Choice - Using Markers

 Here's my DT card for the newest Inkspirational Challenge #324 Designer's Choice  -  Nonni is the Designer  this time and she chose - Make Your Mark - use markers on your card design.   


I used a coloring on vellum technique I learned last month as a member of the Group of Seven Cardmakers - see my post here to see other ways to use vellum.

I stamped the images onto panels of vellum using Nocturne Versafine Clair Ink which I then heat embossed using clear embossing powder.  Then I flipped the panel over and colored over the open spaces with Copics.  I adhered the vellum to the white card base using  an Adhesive Sheet from Sizzix.

This shows the vellum panel flipped over after stamping in black and clear embossing.  Then I just colored over the clear spaces.  Because it's vellum - I went over the colors several times and kept checking the front to be sure the colors showed through dark enough.   
The Bold Botanicals stamp set I used has 4 images - 3 floral and one a pinecone and pine sprigs so I tried each stamp coloring with different colors.
The photos below show how I colored on the back of the vellum panels with Copics.
This pinecone one will be a Christmas card!
Here's the coloring on the back.

So how do you use markers on your cards??  Please join us over at Inkspirational!  

The challenge ends on 9/20.

I'm also linking my card to:

1st time using the Bold Botanicals

Hand Colored Image ends 9/30

Linking my pine cone card to
ends 9/18

ends 9/17

ends 9/25




Stamps:  Bold Botanicals - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous, With Sympathy from Beyond Basic Borders - PTI (retired)
Paper:  vellum, white card base - PTI
Ink:  Nocturne - Versafine Clair
Accessories:  Copics: E19, G28, YR23, YR09, RV06, RV19, YR23, Clear Embossing Powder, heat tool,  Adhesive Sheets - Tim Holtz/Sizzix

20 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful technique with those Bold Botanical stamps, vellum & markers, Julia - love them all, especially the rose one!!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the simplicity of your designs, Julia. Pretty cards!

I Card Everyone said...

Julia, I have yet to get on the vellum challenge from you girls! You have embraced it beautifully! I love the drama and elegance of your black embossing!
=]

HilaryJane said...

These all look so good. I think I have a couple of stamps like that. I hope I can find the time soon to have a go. Such a great technique. thanks for the inspiration xx

brenda said...

A beautiful display of such striking creations Julia, perfect for our theme at We Love Stamping challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

KraftyKoolKat said...

A gorgeous and very striking creation. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Cindy Beach said...

What a wonderful technique and your cards are stunning! They make such a beautiful and dramatic statement. We are so glad you've played along with us at Color Hues!

Marina said...

Even though the stamps are quite bold designs, the vellum technique gives them a beautiful subtlety. Lovely.

Bonnie said...

Great coverage of colors with these dramatic images, Julia! Four fantastic cards, my friend!

EmmaT said...

Wonderful set of cards and lovely use of the vellum. Thank you for joining us at we love stamping

cm said...

WOW! Gorgeous set of floral cards using the acetate + embossing + colouring technique. Wonderful inspiration for this challenge!
hugs~carol

Marcia Hill said...

These are all absolutely BEAUTIFUL Julia! I love how the vellum softens everything up but yet at the same time, makes each image so dramatic! Thanks so much for sharing all these beauties (and especially the pinecone one!) with us at The Color Hues Challenge! Hugs. :0)

Marcia Hill said...

Forgot to say thanks for joining in at The Flower Challenge too Julia!! :0)

Christine Alexander said...

I love those flowers they're so dramatic . Awesome cards ♥

Fiona said...

These are gorgeous - I've never heard of this technique and it looks fascinating. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM

Mervi said...

Striking flowers, bold cards!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping;-))m

Marlena M. said...

Oh Julia, this is amazing! It looks almost like screenprinting ; I love the effect~

Greta said...

I haven't done that technique in ages! You chose the perfect images for it and made such lovely cards!

Pia S said...

I’ve never tried coloring on vellum before and I’m surprised by the outcome. So beautiful!

Pia S said...

I’ve never tried coloring on vellum before and I’m surprised by the outcome. So beautiful!