Sunday, September 15, 2024

An Embossed Stenciled Ornament

It's time to start making our Christmas cards right??!! If we haven't already!!  We don't want to be out straight when it gets to be December!

I made this card using the technique of embossing over stenciling.  First I inked over the Christmas Snowflake Flourish Bauble stencil from Sweet Poppy Stencils using Dusk ink from Altenew onto a white panel.  

Then I embossed the panel using an older Snow Flakes Embossing folder from Provo Craft.    I die cut a frame out of silver paper and adhered it over the panel.  I silver embossed and die cut the sentiment and popped it up on foam dots over the ornament,  I used a Silver Leafing Krylon Pen to color the top of the ornament.

I'll add this to my box of Christmas cards that is luckily filling up!

I'm joining in on the following challenges with my card:

ends 9/30

ends 9/20




Stamps: Penned Elegance: Christmas - PTI (retired).
Ink:  Dusk - Altenew, Versamark.
Paper:  White - PTI, Kraft Metallic - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology.
Accessories:  Penned Elegance dies - PTI (retired), Snow Flakes Embossing Folder - Provo Craft, Christmas Snowflake Flouish Bauble Stencil - Sweet Poppy Stencils, blender brushes, silver embossing powder, heat tool, foam dots, silver leafing Krylon Pen..

8 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Absolutely adore this card, Julia - gorgeous dusk ink stenciled ornament & I love the embossing over top!!

Susan said...

That turned out so well, Julia. The ornament stencil was the perfect choice for combining stencilling with dry embossing. Lovely colour choice!

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty! I love the combination of stenciling and embossing - looks so good together. Thanks for joining Jenny and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow Julia! This is so beautiful! The embossing makes it so interesting and I love the blue monochrome! Thanks so much for joining the fun at Christmas Kickstart:)

Bonnie said...

You have the perfect stencil and embossing folder for this technique, Julia!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Julia, I still want to give this technique a go. That stencil is perfect xx

Loll said...

This is gorgeous Julia!! I LOVE your large stenciled bauble with bow. The snowflakes really add something special. xx

Arlene said...

I love the embossing over the stenciling. So unique and lovely.